Chapter 10: Next stop, A new world

Williams POV:

"As I arrived at Jones's experiment room and pushed the button to call him, 20 minutes later, it's been 20 minutes and still no answers. I think maybe Jones is sleeping. Then, I realized Jones's personality as an emo, and immediately thought about it. I decided to break the door with brute force if maybe he's dead, so I pull out my wristband to test it. I wore it, and a screen appeared in front of me with an option saying 'power suit.' I activate it, and the wrist device transforms around my body.

Williams: "Damn, this is cool."

Then, on my left arm, I saw options saying 'strength,' 'agility,' 'endurance,' and other states. I modify my strength to 50 and punch the door. It immediately flew straight, waking up Jones in the process. Williams enters the room and sees that Jones is still alive."

Williams: "Oh, good, I thought you were dead or something."

Jones: "Hmm, hey boss, and what time is it-"

Jones saw his door on the other side and is confused about why it's there.

Jones: "Ummm, boss, what did you do to my door?"

Williams: "Don't worry about it. I'll send engineers to fix it for you. But now we need to talk."

Jones: "Yeah, come in, boss."

Williams enters the room.

Jones: "What are you going to talk about?"

Williams: "This."

Williams hands Jones a document, and he reads it.

Jones: "A cloning device?"

Williams: "Yes, can you do this?"

Jones: "Of course, I can do it. But what for?"

Williams: "*Sigh* Well, I'll explain it, but promise me you will not tell anyone, got that?"

Jones: "Yes, sure, boss."

1 hour later,

Williams explained it all to Jones, leaving him shocked.

Jones: "So you are saying that you want to be cloned and Kyle will manage the Will Corp, leaving us behind?"

Williams: "Pretty much."

Jones: "But why, boss? Why do you want to abandon us? Did we do something wrong?"

Williams: "No, there isn't."

Jones: "Then why did you decide to abandon us?"

Williams: "It's complicated, okay, but I will return eventually. So, can you do it?"

Jones: "Well, yeah."

Williams: "Good, you have 3 weeks to finish it."

Jones: "Three weeks?!"

Williams: "Bye."

Williams exits the door, leaving Jones stressed because his boss wants the device in 3 weeks. He immediately starts working on it.

As Williams is walking down the hallway, he pulls out his phone and calls some engineers to fix Jones's door, and they accept the job.

While walking, Williams stumbles upon the main laboratory and enters it to check on everyone. He sees everyone is doing their own job respectively until one of the scientists calls him.

???: "Hey, boss."

Williams: "Hmm."

Williams tilts his head to the right to face someone who called him.