٨

✧Thiago

She just stood there in front of my desk, lowering her head. Her tear stained cheeks were rosy, she was holding a canvas in her red stained hands. "Alara, what happened?" I stood up from my chair and walked up to her.

I looked at the canvas she was gripping in her hands and recognized it was one of my paintings. How and why did she go to my art room? "I'm sorry," she explained with a trembling voice as she looked up. "I ruined your painting. It was accidentally, I swear it wasn't-"

"Who the fuck allowed you to enter my art room?" I cut her off angrily. I yanked it out of her hands and looked at the red paint stains. She took a step back, avoiding eye contact. "I'm sorry." she mumbled, tears staining her cheeks. "Your stupid sorry won't fix this painting!" I yelled at her and she flinched. I ran my hand trough my hair roughly, throwing the canvas across the room.

I needed to calm down because she was starting to sob. She was starting to get scared of me. Her hands trembled uncontrollably as she looked down on the floor. "I'm sorry, I swear." I took a deep breath and gazed at her. This is not how you treat a woman. 

I thought about how she had built up the courage to tell me. I should be grateful she even told me. I walked towards where the canvas landed and picked it up from the ground. As I turned back she was gone. She must have left by the time I was picking up the painting. 

"Oh god." I sighed at what I just did. 

I was such an asshole to her and she doesn't deserve to be treated that way, but I can't control my anger issues. I made my way to her room and as I reached it I found Asma standing by the door trying to open it. Her attention shifted to me when she noticed me at the end of the hallway. 

The canvas still in my hand, I walked up to Asma as she rolled her eyes at the sight of me.

"Asma, is Alara inside?" I asked her getting only a nod in return. "My brother and Ibo are looking for you." she mumbled avoiding eye contact. "I don't care what Silas and Ibo want now. I just want to know, how did Alara get to my art room." 

She just ignored me and turned back to the door. "Alara please open the door." she begged knocking on the door.

No answer.

"If you're just going to ignore me like that, don't expect me to treat your brother with respect from now on." I threatened and she looked at me from the corner of her eye.

"I showed her, and I allowed her, happy now?" Asma rolled her eyes at me again. I understand that she is angry that I upset Alara. I shouldn't have reacted that way, but I couldn't control it. I stood in front of the door, building up the courage to say something. "Alara, I'm sorry. Forgive me, I didn't mean to scare you." For the second time, I apologized to her. 

"Sir I don't think she wants you here." Asma talked with confidence as she stood in front of me. I could tell that she's getting too comfortable here. 

"Alara open the fucking door or else I will break it down." I yelled with anger in my tone. Minutes have passed and she still didn't open the door. Asma already went to sleep and warned me that if I did anything, she would beat me. Of course I didn't talk back because I knew she wasn't brave enough to do that.

I leaned against the wall and knocked on the door every now and then, hoping she would open the door. 

I remembered that I had a spare key in my office, so I went down to get it. I unlocked the door and as I entered it I could see her lying in bed. The room was dark and the windows were opened letting the fresh air in.