Chapter 7 - Rosie's Little Shop

Alastor opened the door and a little chirp of a bell rang as he stood there saying "Ladies first," smiling while I walked right past him. Inside the shop it was lit up by the sun from outside, giving the whole room a slight glow. It was a much larger place than I had anticipated. I continued to look around at the many mannequins on display with their chic clothing choices. A few had caught my eye, but most of this was out of my taste.

"Alastor," A feminine voice spoke up. It was in a sweet tone with the slightest bit of sass. "Alastor! Is that you?"

I watched as the pale woman with dark eyes approached us. Alastor just smiled and hugged her. "Why hello, Rosie! Long time no see. You're just as lovely as ever."

"Awh, you flatter me, Al! Oh, but who is this you brought with you?" Rosie turned to me, looking down at me with her friendly demeanor. "What's your name, sweetie?"

"Y/N," I said a little shyly. She looked just like Miss Lanthe, minus the cannibalistic features and more on the lean side, but she had that same kind, angelic face and, although dull, blonde hair. If Rosie wasn't a cannibal, I would have mistaken her for Lanthe. It was unsettling."It's nice to meet you, Rosie." To forget about him I need to act like a whole new person.

I have decided that I would not give into my old ways, back when I was with him. I'm going to go out and meet new people. I'm not trapped anymore; I don't need to act any certain way.

"Please, you can call me Auntie! Now come on, let's get you some ravishing clothes!" She beamed and grabbed my hand, swooping me away from my spot right away. I looked back at Alastor with a sense of panic, only to see him smiling back. It's always that shit-eating smile on his face, but this one seemed a bit more comforting than eerie and intimidating.

Rosie was quick at her work, measuring my body to make sure whatever she would make would fit me well.

"So tell me, darling, what kind of style are you into?" She asked while taking measurements of my bust and waist.

I replied: "I like this dress I have on, but I would love to have a couple of pairs of shirts and pants. Just anything casual is fine." She paused and took a second to look at the dress.

"It's beautiful! Definitely suits a pretty young gal like you, hun."

My face felt hot, did she just compliment me? The compliments I was used to were of him telling me that I was tight or him calling me a slut or 'his little doll'. This one was nothing of those sorts... I liked her.

I thanked Rosie and she soon finished measuring my body. Alastor was just looking around the store in the section of little ribbons used to tie up someone's hair. He was probably just browsing.

Rosie began to speak again and I turned my attention back to her. "So honey, that dress you have on seems a little loose at the waist. Would you like me to tailor it for you? It'll take no longer than a few minutes." I nodded and she added: "Let's go to the dressing rooms, alright?"

Before I knew it I was inside a private stall and started to undress. There was a robe hung up beside me to put on in the meantime, so I grabbed it and happily exited the curtain, dress in hand. I gave it to Rosie and she went to her station, using the measurements from just a little bit ago to redo the stitching to make my favorite dress fit me better.

Within 10 minutes it was done and she gave it back to me. "Go try it on! Let me know if it doesn't fit well or if you are uncomfortable and I can change the stitch right away."

Following her directions, I shot her a smile and then went back to the dressing room. The dress seemed tighter on my body for sure but in a good way. It didn't feel like it slowed me down anymore, and as a plus, it enhanced any form of figure I had. I did a little twirl in the dress and watched myself in the mirror. I looked adorable!