Part 1

This is episode 3 of my series.

Episode 1 is called "The Gladiators"
Episode 2 is called "Zakmus part 1 Lost in memory". Please read it first as this episode takes place right after.

Ronon wakes up. He is in a cave. He sits down, his back against a rock. He holds his head in his hands, trying to regain all his consciousness. He opens his eyes and looks around. He sees Rodney and another marine lying down a little further. He gets up, wobbles a little, and goes to them.

RONON: McKay, hey, wake up. (He shakes him for a few seconds and Rodney opens his eyes and sits up in a rush)
MCKAY: What?! ... Ro... Ronon?
RONON: Yes, it's me. Come on, get up. (Rodney tries to get up while Ronon goes to the other body)
MCKAY: What happened?
RONON: I was gonna ask you the same question. (To the man on the floor) McQuin, hey. You're alright?
MCQUIN: Ronon? Where are we?
RONON: I don't know. (He looks around, he sees an opening a few meters away, the rest is dark) Some kind of a cave I guess.
MCQUIN: Are we... (Touches his head) dead?
MCKAY: (Looks outside, it's very bright and hot) Well, if this is heaven, I don't even want to imagine what hell would look like. (He comes back inside)
MCQUIN: (Sits and looks at Rodney) You're right. Who would ever picture Doctor Mckay in heaven, other than himself? (Ronon smilles. Rodney turns back)
MCKAY: Excuse me? (Ronon gets down and looks at some footprints on the ground)
MCQUIN: (Smiles at him) Hey, how are you doc?
MCKAY: (Still offended) Yeah, I am fine.
MCQUIN: (Waits and smiles) So am I, thanks for asking.
RONON: Someone else was here. Come on, we need to move. (He gets up. McQuin gets up and falls back down with a scream)
MCQUIN: Ahh! (Ronon rushes to him, Rodney is about to come and looks at a wall)
RONON: You ok?
MCQUIN: No, it's my ankle.
RONON: Can you move it?
MCQUIN: I think so. (He tries and moves a little bit his ankle)
RONON: It looks just sprained. (He takes a bit of tissue from his hair and wraps it around the ankle)
MCQUIN: I'm sorry.
RONON: We can wait a few hours but we need to start looking for the others.
MCQUIN: You think there are others?
RONON: I don't know. It's all very confusing... last thing I remember is... being on the ship.
MCQUIN: Yeah, me too. Do you have any idea of what happened to us, Doctor Mckay? (They look at him when he is not answering. He is looking at a wall) Doctor Mckay?
MCKAY: Do you have a flashlight? (McQuin looks into one of his pockets and gets a tiny flashlight out. Ronon takes it and goes to give it to Rodney)
RONON: What is it?
MCKAY: I'm not sure. Can... (He turns his head and sees Ronon. His eyes change, he is still uncomfortable. He pauses) Would you mind? (He points at the wall. Ronon looks at him and directs the flashlight to the wall. It's Ancient writings)
RONON: The language of the Ancestors.
MCKAY: Yes.
MCQUIN: What does it say?
MCKAY: (After a minute of silence and reading) Well, this is not good.
MCQUIN: No?
MCKAY: This place, it's... (He pauses) We're so doomed.
RONON: What is it?
MCKAY: Well, we might as well be dead.
RONON: Mckay!
MCKAY: This is a prison for... wraiths.
MCQUIN: What is? This cave?
MCKAY: Not just this cave. The whole planet.
MCQUIN: The whole planet is full of wraiths?!
RONON: How's that possible?
MCKAY: How would I know? (He gets up and starts to pace) Oh no, I am panicking. I am so panicking. (He stops and looks at them) We're gonna die.
MCQUIN: You said the same thing back on the Minoria ship too, remember? And yet, here we are.
MCKAY: The ship. (He puts both his hands on his chest) Of course, the ship. (He goes outside, McQuin tries to get up. Ronon goes to help him and they follow Rodney outside)
MCQUIN: I'm sorry we're not as bright as you doc, but would you mind explaining a bit?
MCKAY: (He points at the sky, it's yellow and there are two suns) Two suns.
MCQUIN: Excuse me?
MCKAY: We're on Zakmus.
RONON: M9G441?
MCQUIN: You mean, we went through the shield?
MCKAY: It's the 4th crystal. Or... really, the second one. (He smiles) It has to be.
MCQUIN: What are you talking about?
RONON: The one Doctor Moore mentioned? Salima's secret program?
MCKAY: Yes! I... I was trying to use it to bypass the lockdown when Sheppard took me back to the room where you were. (He stops) Sheppard. (He looks around)
MCQUIN: Hang on, hang on, you mean you did this? You saved us?
MCKAY: I don't know what I did. But it's the only plausible answer I have right now.
MCQUIN: What about the others? Did you save them too?
MCKAY: (Pauses) Maybe?