Part 4

Somewhere on Zakmus.

Sheppard and his team are running in the forest. They are running from something behind them, but they don't see what it is. There are some arrows and other projectiles that are being thrown at them. They keep on running.

SHEPP: Kim, you go with Saline, find a place to hide! Kapp, we're gonna buy them some time!
KAPP: Yes, sir! (They fire behind them)
KIM: But...
SHEPP: That's an order, go!!! (She leaves with Saline, who is struggling to walk. Shepp is still firing, then his gun stops) I'm out!! (He takes his 9mm) Come on Lieutenant! (He starts to walk back to where Dr Kim and Saline went. Kapp follows him and keeps firing)
KAPP: (His gun stops) I'm out too. (He takes his 9mm. They keep walking back, nothing is happening. They join Dr Kim and Saline who are at a dead end, surrounded by big rocks and no issue)
SHEPP: You ok, doc?
KIM: Yes. What do we do now? (She looks around and doesn't see any exits)
SHEPP: (Looks at Kapp) Kapp?
KAPP: I'm ready, sir. (They wait. Then a man comes out of the bushes. Followed by 4 other humans)
SHEPP: Ok... at least we know they're not wraiths.
MAN: Who are you? How did you come here? What do you want?
SHEPP: How about we do one question at a time? You ask me one, I ask you one?
MAN: You are in no position to make demands. Lower your weapons!
KAPP: Sir?
SHEPP: (He hesitates, 2 more persons arrive, one man and a woman. He looks at the two doctors behind him. He finally lowers his gun) We do as they say, Lieutenant. (Kapp does the same. Two men come to search Shepp and Kapp. They take their weapons and then go to search the two doctors. One of them finds an Ancient artifact on Doctor Saline and shows it to the woman)
WOMAN: Where did you find that?
SHEPP: It was a gift. We... traded with some guy on some planet. Very smart, very tall fella. He gave us this for... my birthday. (She comes forward and gets very close to him. She looks at his eyes) Hi.
WOMAN: Who are you?
SHEPP: Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard. Lieutenant Kapp (He raises his hand) Doctor Kim, and Doctor Saline. And you are...?
WOMAN: (She looks at him, looks at his outfit) I've never seen your kind of clothing before. Are you wraith worshippers? (She takes a few steps back)
SHEPP: Are you kidding? Have you seen that guy over there? (shows Dr Saline with the Eratus bug on his neck. The woman looks at it)
WOMAN: I did.
KAPP: Would a wraith worshipper do that on purpose?
WOMAN: I believe he would, yes.
KIM: What?
SHEPP: (After a silence) Look. I think we all started off on the wrong foot here. Hum... I'm sorry we fired our weapons at your people. To our defense, we thought you guys were wraiths. After what happened to Doctor Saline; who isn't a wraith worshipper by the way; we... figured that this planet was... well, full of wraiths.
WOMAN: It is.
SHEPP: Oh. Great. (He looks back at Kapp) Wonderful.
KAPP: We mean you no harm. We're just trying to find our people and go back to our homeworld.
WOMAN: And where would that be? Home?
SHEPP: (Looks at Kapp) Just a small city further out in the Galaxy. (Smiles)
WOMAN: So you have a ship?
SHEPP: Had. Well... borrowed. I think. (The woman looks at the other man) Do YOU have a ship?
MAN: Why would we answer your question?
SHEPP: Look, I think I've been very cooperative with you here. I answered all of your questions, didn't I? (They stay silent, but do not deny it) May we... at least put some names on your... charming faces? Starting with you... Ma'am?
WOMAN: (Comes forward) My name is Salima. And this is Palus, Neyla, Maylin, Joan and Batist. We are...
KIM: (Comes forward) Minoria. (Shepp stops and looks at her)
SHEPP: (Points at Salima) You mean... (He turns to Salima, then Kim, then Salima; He points at the sky) You're Salima Zakmus? Like the planet?
WOMAN: And you're from Atlantis.