Part 14

Somewhere in orbit around the planet. Lorne is piloting the jumper. Teyla is sitting next to him, and Sam and Moore are in the back.

LORNE: Alright, we're almost there. (Looks at Teyla) How is that grapple holding?
TEYLA: (Looks at a computer) Good. (They hear a noise coming from the jumper and there is a small shake)
MOORE: (Arrives with Sam) It's just the grapple doing its job, Major. Don't worry, everything is going as planned.
LORNE: If you say so. (He looks in front of him)
TEYLA: Are you all set?
SAM: We are.
LORNE: Ok, entering the attraction zone in 5...4...
MOORE: (Looks at his computer) Wait, stop! (They look at him) Something's not right.
LORNE: What do you mean? What do I do?
MOORE: Stop the jumper.
LORNE: Colonel?
SAM: Stop the jumper, Major. (Lorne stops. She goes to Moore) What is it?
MOORE: I'm detecting radiations... coming out of the planet. (He puts his screen on the jumper's main screen)
LORNE: (Sees a straight line coming out of the planet, and the jumper is on that line) We're in its trajectory.
MOORE: It doesn't make sense.
SAM: (Looks for a moment) Or maybe it does. Look. (She points at a planet on the screen behind them and the Daedalus) We were looking in the wrong direction.
LORNE: What is it?
MOORE: It's the sun.
TEYLA: What does that mean?
MOORE: All this time we thought the generator was on the planet. When it was really...
SAM: In orbit.
LORNE: The generator is the freaking sun??
MOORE: It is the perfect power source...
CALDWELL: (on the radio) Jumper 6, is everything alright? You're not moving anymore.
CARTER: Yes, Colonel. We just found out where the radiations are coming from.
CALDWELL: Already?
CARTER: Turns out, the generator is not on the planet like we thought it was.
CALDWELL: What do you mean? Where is it?
SAM: (Hesitates) It's coming from the sun.
CALDWELL: The sun? Are you sure?
MOORE: It makes sense, actually. (He pauses) The planet has two suns. And even though it isn't uncommon for a planet to have two suns, or moons, it is for this galaxy.
CALDWELL: What are you saying? This is a fake Sun?
SAM: Not fake, Colonel, engineered.
MOORE: By Salima Zakmus and her team.
CALDWELL: They could do that?
MOORE: They did worse.
CALDWELL: We're talking about a sun, though. How close do you think you can get?
SAM: Well, if we manage to turn the cloak into a shield... close enough?
MOORE: I'm on it. (He gets on his computer)
CALDWELL: Will it hold?
SAM: (Hesitates) To a certain point.
CALDWELL: (Pauses) I don't like this, Colonel.
SAM: Me neither, but we're running out of options here.
LORNE: We're also running out of time, sir.
CALDWELL: Alright. It's your call, Colonel. But be careful out there.
SAM: We will.
CALDWELL: We'll do as planned and pull you out as soon as we get your signal. Good luck. Caldwell out.
LORNE: Ok, let's bomb the sun.

He takes control of the jumper and starts turning back. They pass the Daedalus and go toward the sun. The jumper gets closer to the Sun, it's getting hotter and it's very hard for them to look through the window.

LORNE: I knew I should have brought my sunglasses. (The jumper's window turns dark and the light from the sun diminishes. They all look at each other)
TEYLA: Did you know it could do that?
LORNE: No... it's the first time. (Looks at his handles and the screen) It's not blocking the heat though. Doctor Moore?
MOORE: Hum?
LORNE: I don't want to rush you but... it does feel kinda hot in here.
MOORE: Yes, almost there. (He presses a button and the shield turns on) Done. (He scratches his nose)
SAM: Well done, Doctor.
MOORE: Thanks. (He takes a deep breath and goes to close the door that separates them from the back of the jumper where there is the bomb. He sponges his sweat with his sleeve and sits back)
LORNE: Almost there. (Sam and Moore remove their jacket. The jumper starts to shake)
TEYLA: We're losing power on the shield, and fast...
LORNE: Please tell me we're closing in. (Sam looks at the computer)
SAM: We are. (Looks at Moore) Doctor Moore?
MOORE: Releasing in 3.2.1. Mark.
SAM: Alright, let's get out of there.
LORNE: Yes ma'am.

He fires a drone. The Daedalus pulls them out. They look at the bomb. Lorne removes his jacket too. The bomb explodes a few seconds later. Moore is looking at his computer.

MOORE: It's working.
SAM: Major?
LORNE: (On the radio) This is Major Lorne, calling out for any survivors from the Lantien ship. If anyone copy, please, respond. (They wait. He looks at Moore, who shrugs his shoulders) I repeat, this is Major Lorne. If anyone can hear me, please respond. We are in a Jumper in orbit of the planet...

--------------------------------------------------

On Zakmus.

The queen is still in the tree. She sees the other wraiths getting in closer. She looks as Rodney is getting up.

Rodney is getting up. He is about to walk when they hear a radio making a noise. They all stop and look at Rodney. Rodney freezes for a second then takes his radio.

MCKAY: Hello? Hello? This is Doctor McKay, is anyone there?! We're being hunted down by wraiths and... (Ronon sees a wraith behind Rodney)
RONON: McKay, get down!! (Rodney gets on the floor and Ronon fires at the wraith. Ronon comes to help him get up) Everyone, RUN!

They all start to run, Gorkin is being helped by Marshall. McKay runs. The queen wraith gets down from the tree and Ronon sees her. He fires at her but she dodges it. She gets near him and they start to fight. The queen is very strong.