Part 17

On the jumper.

Sam and her team are approaching the planet.

MOORE: Ok, we should be far enough now.
LORNE: We're about to launch an atomic bomb on a sun, doc. I need you to drop the "should be" and be actually sure about it.
MOORE: Right. (He double-checks) I'm sure.
SAM: (Lorne looks at Sam. She presses the radio) Colonel Caldwell, we're in position. You can launch the 305.
CALDWELL: Copy that. (After a moment, they see the 305 passing in front of them toward the sun) Launching succeed, Colonel. See you on the other side.
SAM: Good luck Daedalus. Carter out.
LORNE: No turning back now.
MOORE: Nope...
SAM: This might shake up a bit, Major. Turn the jumper around, please.
LORNE: Yes ma'am.

The jumper turns its back to the sun. After a few seconds, the 305 hits the sun and there is a giant explosion. The wave arrives at the shield and stops, then to the jumper's shield and the jumper shakes a lot. Inside the jumper, they all hold on to something, and the shaking lasts a good minute.

LORNE: (Waits a minute) Is it over? (Moore goes on his computer)
TEYLA: Look! (She points at the planet and they see the shield disappearing)
LORNE: Moore, you son of a bitch. (Looks at him. Moore is still stunned) I can't believe you blew up a Sun!
SAM: Yes, well, let's not focus on that and go get our people, shall we?
LORNE: Of course. (He takes the control of the jumper and goes down on the planet. Moore is still stunned)

--------------------------------------------------

On Zakmus.

Shepp is in the cave and is gathering their stuff. They hear a big BOOM and all stops for a moment.

KELLER: What was that?
SALIMA: (They hear a big noise) The shield! (They all go outside and look up to see the shield disappearing and the sky getting blue)
PALUS: They did it.
RADEK: The shield is down. (Shepps gets his focus back and takes his radio)
SHEPP: Colonel Carter? Major Lorne?
SAM: (After a few seconds) It's good to hear your voice, John. (Zelenka, Dr Kim, and Keller smile and get in each other's arms)
SHEPP: (Sighs out of relief) Even better to hear yours, Colonel.

--------------------------------------------------

On the jumper.

They all smile, hearing his voice.

SAM: (Smiling) We're picking up 11 life signals on this side of the planet. Is that you, Colonel?
SHEPP: Affirmative.
MOORE: Have you found the others?
SHEPP: (Hesitates) No, we found... other friends instead.
SAM: What do you mean?
SHEPP: You'll see when you get here. (They all look at each other, not understanding)

--------------------------------------------------

On the planet. Salima goes to Shepp.

SALIMA: I'm sorry I doubted you, Colonel Sheppard.
SHEPP: I gotta say... I had some doubts myself.
SALIMA: You have some good people with you. I'm sorry we couldn't save Doctor Saline.
SHEPP: (Waits and asks) You really couldn't save him?
SALIMA: I may have lied about many things, but not about this.
SHEPP: Many things huh? (She smiles)

The jumper arrives. They get out of the jumper. Shepp and his team go to them. Shepp immediately goes to Teyla.

SHEPP: Teyla! (He puts his forehead against hers) I'm glad to see you again. (She waits and takes him in his arms. He is shocked, Lorne and Kapp look at them, smiling)
TEYLA: I believe this is what your people do when they are reunited with their family. (Shepp is embarrassed and hesitates, then puts his hands on her back. She releases him and smiles at him, he smiles too) Have you heard about Ronon and Rodney?
SHEPP: No...
SAM: We have reasons to believe that they are in danger. (Shepp looks at her)
TEYLA: I had a dream where they were captured by the wraiths. I was in a queen's body...
SHEPP: (Takes his radio) Ronon? Rodney? Do you copy? (Waits, no answer) Ronon? Marshall? Gorkin? Does anyone copy?
RADEK: They must be too far if they can't hear us.
LORNE: I'll contact the Daedalus. (Sam and Shepp nods, he leaves to the jumper)
MOORE: Colonel Sheppard? (Shepp looks at him) I think your friends are glowing. (They all look at them and go to them. All the Ancients, except Salima begin to ascend)
SAM: They're ascending.
MOORE: They're what now?
TEYLA: They're Ancients.
RADEK: They're Minoria. (Sam and Moore look at him)
MOORE: You're not serious?! (He goes closer to them)
PALUS: (To Salima) Salima... (She smiles at him and nods)
SALIMA: You've been a good friend Palus. I thank you for that.
PALUS: Thank you for everything... (They leave)
MOORE: They couldn't have stayed for a little chat at least?
SHEPP: (Looks at Salima, who is touched and smiles. She comes to him and Sam) Colonel Carter, meet Salima Zakmus.
SAM: (Looks at Shepp, stunned) Oh. Hum... it's nice to meet you.
SALIMA: Thank you Colonel Carter for bringing rest and peace to my people. I shall be eternally grateful. (She bows her head. Sam is embarrassed and bows too)
MOORE: You're Salima Zakmus? You named that planet!
SALIMA: I did. (She smiles)
MOORE: Oh my god. This is the best day of my life. I... I studied all of the artifacts from your lab. I... I have so many questions.
SAM: You're not ascending?
SHEPP: No... Salima traded her own ticket for the rest of her team.
SAM: Will you come back with us?
MOORE: It would be such an honor.
SALIMA: As I told Colonel Sheppard, my place is not on Atlantis. Not anymore. (She looks at the jumper behind them) I thought I would never see one of those again. (She gets closer and touches it. She enters it and Lorne sees her. He is surprised)
LORNE: Colonel?
SAM: It's ok, Major. (He gets off the jumper and goes beside them. Salima looks at the inside)
SALIMA: This will do. (She looks at Shepp. He hesitates then nods)
SAM: Colonel Sheppard?
SHEPP: I... I told her that you guys were probably coming with a jumper and... she asked if she could... borrow it.
SAM: Borrow it? To go where?
SALIMA: To finish what I started.
MOORE: Which is what exactly?
TEYLA: Destroy the wraiths. (Salima nods)
LORNE: With one jumper?
SALIMA: You just offered an escape to all of the wraiths on this planet, Colonel. I can't let that happen. My team and I have worked so hard on this, and it is my duty to make sure it doesn't all go to waste. (She looks at the inside of the ship) Colonel Sheppard told me you had an Asgard being on board your ship, I'm sure it won't be an issue for him to beam you back safely. (She steps away from the control consoles) I will let you make the call. (They all pause for a second)
MOORE: What's your plan? Surely you can't destroy a whole planet with one single jumper.
SALIMA: You said you have studied all of my artifacts and yet, you underestimate this ship...
MOORE: Doctor Moore. My name is Doctor Moore.
SALIMA: You are also a scientist, Doctor Moore?
LORNE: He's the one who found you.
SALIMA: I admire what you did. You could have had your place among Minoria... with a few centuries of learning, of course. (Looks at Sheppard) Colonel Sheppard. (Shepp looks at Sam)
SAM: (To Lorne) Make the call Major.
LORNE: Yes ma'am. (He goes to make the call)
SALIMA: Thank you. (She starts to open a panel and to make some changes. Radek and Moore quietly watch her working)
SAM: (Goes outside with Shepp) Can we really trust her?
SHEPP: (Looks back then to her) I don't think we really have a choice, Colonel. (He pauses) She's an Ancient. By definition, this jumper is hers to take.
SAM: Still. (Looks at Salima working) We don't know what she is gonna do with it. We can't let an Ancient go free in the galaxy. We have to... convince her to come back with us.
SHEPP: I don't... think she's planning on going anywhere.
SAM: What do you mean?
SHEPP: Her plan didn't seem to involve any escape route...
SAM: You mean she is...
SHEPP: She is sacrificing herself to save us. That is what Minoria was all about. Helping people. She just wants to honor her team, Colonel. You and I would do the same. Right?
LORNE: (Comes back to them) I just had contact with Colonel Caldwell, ma'am. He found Ronon and the others and is about to beam them back on board. They'll be on their way to get us as soon as it's done.
SAM: Thank you, Major.
LORNE: They're following her every move like puppies. (Shows to Zelenka and Moore)