Part 18

Somewhere on Zakmus.

Rodney and the others are still kneeling in front of the wraiths and the queen. They look at the sky.

QUEEN: Finally free... (Smiles at the others)
MARSHALL: The shield is down.
MCKAY: Oh God.
QUEEN: I guess we won't be needing you anymore.

Looks at Rodney. Ronon gets angry, he breaks the ties around his wrist and jumps on the nearest wraith. Rodney looks at him and jumps on the queen, his hands still tied. The others do the same. Ronon manages to break the neck of one wraith and to take a wraith gun. He fires at the one fighting Marshall and gives him a knife. Rodney is still with the queen. She kicks him and is about to feed on him. Ronon looks at them. He is about to fire at her when a team of marines gets beam on the planet and fire at all the wraiths. Ronon goes to take a marine's P90. The queen has her hand on Rodney's chest and is starting to feed but gets fired at by Ronon. Rodney falls on the floor, unconscient. All the wraiths are dead. Ronon gives the marine his gun back and goes to take his from a wraith's body. He goes to see Rodney and fires at the wraith queen one last time. Marshall goes to him, holding his arm, hurt.

MARSHALL: Better?
RONON: (Fires another time) Better.
MARSHALL: (Looks at the marines) We need to go, others might be coming. (Ronon takes Rodney on his shoulder and leaves)

--------------------------------------------------

Somewhere on Zakmus.

LORNE: (Comes to Sam and Shepp) They're ready.
SAM: (Pauses then goes to Salima who is still working with Zelenka and Moore watching her) The Daedalus is here.
MOORE: Colonel Carter, this is fascinating!
ZELENKA: Doctor Zakmus...
SAM: DOCTOR Zakmus?
MOORE: We.. didn't know how to call her.
ZELENKA: Doctor Zakmus is going to use the jumper as a supermassive bomb and implode into the center of the planet, right into its core.
SAM: How?
ZELENKA: We don't know.
SHEPP: Then how do you know this is what she's gonna do?
MOORE: (Zelenka looks at him) Because she told us so?
SAM: So you have no idea of what she's done.
MOORE: None.
SALIMA: (Closes a panel) They did ask a lot of questions though. (To Zelenka) I believe one day, you too will understand, Doctor. (Zelenka smiles. To Shepp) I am also ready. (Goes to Sam) Please tell the captain of your ship that I am giving you 5 minutes to get outside of this... (Looks at Zelenka who repeats at the same time) Solar system.
SAM: The Solar system? (Zelenka nods) With one jumper? (Moore nods. Shepp shrugs his shoulders) Alright. (Looks at Salima and looks at the ship to try and see what she did) Good luck. (Salima nods to thank her)
SALIMA: (Shepp goes to her) Thank you for giving me the opportunity to finish my work, Colonel. (She looks at the sky) I can finally be at peace. (She hands him a piece of paper and he opens it)
SHEPP: What is this?
SALIMA: This is my way of thanking you.
SHEPP: What about your rules?
SALIMA: I'm Salima Zakmus. I'm the one who breaks them. (She smiles and goes into the ship and closes the door. Zelenka is coming to Shepp to have a look at the paper but Shepp puts it in his pocket. Zelenka doesn't insist. They all watch as the jumper gets in the air and leaves)
SAM: (Looks at Shepp) Let's go home.
SHEPP: Yeah.