Ending

The next day, on Atlantis.

In the infirmary.

Major Main is in the infirmary. He is watching football on a computer. Keller arrives and looks at the computer.

KELLER: Who's winning?
MAIN: (Looks at her, then presses stop) I don't know. The... blue team, I guess. (He smiles) Colonel Sheppard lent me some of his old DVDs to pass the time...
KELLER: I could lend you some books if you'd like.
MAIN: Yes, actually, that'd be nice. Thanks.
KELLER: (Pauses) I heard you're going back to Earth?
MAIN: Yes. I... I need to see Reeves family. I owe her this much.
KELLER: I'm sorry I couldn't do more to save her.
MAIN: It's not your fault, Doctor. I gave the order and left her behind.
KELLER: No. (She takes something from her pocket and puts it in his hands) She chose to stay to save us. To save you, Kyle. (He opens his hands and sees Reeves dog tag. He looks at them for a moment, tears in his eyes. Keller puts a hand on his arm and leaves him alone) I'll come to see you before you leave.

--------------------------------------------------

Somewhere else in the infirmary.

Rodney is eating. Ronon and Teyla look at him, a bit disgusted. Shepp arrives with Moore.

SHEPP: Have you guys been watching him eat like that the whole time?
TEYLA: He asked us to stay.
SHEPP: How are you doing, Rodney?
MCKAY: I lost 5 years of my life!
SHEPP: Only five? (Mckay shows him the side of his head where there is a bit of gray)
MCKAY: It wasn't here a week ago.
SHEPP: You sure it wasn't? I feel like it's always been there.
MOORE: Well, it actually took us a week to come and find you, while it was only, what, 2 days? (Shepp nods) 2 days for you. In a way, you're 5 days younger than you were a week ago.
MCKAY: (Looks at him) Seriously though, why are you here? (To Shepp) Why is he here?
SHEPP: Actually, he's here with me, and not for you, Rodney. Doctor Moore just got promoted by Colonel Carter and assigned to Lorne's team. I'm on my way to take him to his first mission briefing.
RONON: Congratulations doc!
MOORE: Thank you.
TEYLA: This is such good news, Leylan. You deserve it.
SHEPP: Yeah, you did a great job saving all of us!
MOORE: Thank you. (Smiles. Silence. Everyone looks at Rodney who is eating his jello)
MCKAY: What? You all congratulated him already. I think he got it now.
MOORE: (Scratches his nose) I actually came here to thank you, Doctor McKay, for... mentoring me. In a way. I couldn't have done it all if you hadn't assigned me to the Minoria's inventory. I had a really good time going through all of those files and artifacts. Really, I learned a lot.
MCKAY: Well, I'm glad you did. (Looks at Shepp) And hum... I thank you too for... saving us. Colonel Carter showed me your work and... (nods) you did do a fine job. (They all applaud) Which, of course, I could have done faster but... I was kinda busy... killing wraiths, you know. (Points to his chest)
SHEPP: Yeah, I hope this won't leave any scar. I don't want to hear you brag about it all the time.
TEYLA: There is more, Colonel Sheppard.
SHEPP: More what? Scars?
TEYLA: (Smiles) Ronon and Rodney are on speaking terms again.
SHEPP: Finally?!
MCKAY: It's not like we had a choice, we were stuck together and...
RONON: (Gets up and goes to hug Rodney) Arrrrrh! (Looks at Shepp, happy, and points at Rodney) McKay saved my life!
SHEPP: So I heard.
MCKAY: I saved a colleague.
RONON: He fought a queen!
SHEPP: (Look at Rodney) Did you?
MCKAY: Nah, it wasn't really a fight. Well, fine, it was. Kinda. I just saw her smelling Marshall and...
SHEPP: Smelling?
MCKAY: Yes. And... well, I was sleep deprived... a lot. And, I thought we were gonna die anyway. So, I bravely spoke out to get her attention. She was very badass, by the way.
SHEPP: Yeah, yeah yeah. I'm just messing with you, I read Ronon's report already. (Pauses) And Marshall's, and Gorkin's... and McQuin's. (Looks at Rodney)
MCKAY: I was in the infirmary!
SHEPP: You're not even hurt. (Rodney opens his shirt, they all look elsewhere) Mckay!
RONON: This is nothing.
TEYLA: Please, Rodney, this isn't the place.
MCKAY: (Closes it) I'll write my report. But you have to promise me, you'll tell me all about Salima Zakmus and her team!
MOORE: That was awesome.
MCKAY: I'm not talking to you.
SHEPP: Ask Radek.
MCKAY: No, he won't speak to me.
SHEPP: Your own doing.
MCKAY: This is not fair! You get stuck with Ancients, and a whole group of it, and I get what, a bunch of wraiths and a queen?
MOORE: A badass one. (Shepp points at Moore)
MCKAY: Come on, I know all about that paper she gave you. (He puts his hand forward. Shepp does not move) Doctor Keller told me about it. Now please, give it to me. (Shepp still not moves) Whatever that is, you won't be able to work it out by yourself. You need me.
SHEPP: No, I don't.
MOORE: Colonel Sheppard doesn't have it anymore.
MCKAY: You don't? Then who does?
SAM: (Arrives) I do.
MCKAY: (Sighs) You gave it to Carter?
SAM: Excuse me?
SHEPP: She's my superior officer.
SAM: (Rodney looks at her, she smiles) I am.
MCKAY: So?
SAM: So what?
MCKAY: Well, what is it?
SAM: Come back to work, and I'll tell you.
MOORE: It's big!
MCKAY: What?
MOORE: Doctor Zelenka is already working on it.
RONON: He is, I saw him earlier.
MCKAY: Doctor Moore knows and I don't?
SAM: He was there when she gave John the paper.
MOORE: Colonel Carter has asked me to assist Doctor Zelenka when I'm not off-world to work on the project.
MCKAY: It's a project?
SHEPP: It's THE project.
MCKAY: (To Moore) Well, tell me what it is!
MOORE: (Looks at Sam) Can I? (She nods, Rodney sighs, not happy it's Moore who tells him first) Remember how you used to complain about Atlantis's lack of power?
MCKAY: Yes, the ZPM is almost depleted.
MOORE: Well, thanks to Salima Zakmus, power won't be an issue anymore.
MCKAY: What do you mean it won't be? (They all look at him. Rodney pauses and understands) show me! (Sam sighs and hands him the paper, he reads it) Oh my God. She told us how to charge the ZPM.

If you enjoyed reading this episode, feel free to read my other episodes:
Episode 1 "The Gladiators"
Episode 2 "Zakmus part 1: Lost in Memory"