Part 2 - Target Audience

Guided by the girl with the daring whisper, they threaded through dimly lit corridors backstage

Guided by the girl with the daring whisper, they threaded through dimly lit corridors backstage. Shadows played along the walls, veiling the faces of performers preparing in secrecy.

The door they entered revealed a bustling scene of dancers in various stages of preparation. The air hummed with the scent of makeup and the echo of conversations, creating an atmosphere of focused chaos. The performers, each embodying a different aspect of the nocturnal ballet, went about their rituals of transformation.

For Hanni, accustomed to a different dance world, the sight was awe-inspiring. Ballerinas gracefully twirled, acrobats stretched their sinewy limbs, and the air was filled with the cadence of dancers warming up. Amid the flurry of activity, Hanni felt like an outsider, observing a mesmerizing ballet that transcended the boundaries of her familiar dance sphere.

Suddenly, a voice crackled through a small radio, cutting through the backstage hustle. "Stage run in 3 minutes. I repeat, stage run in 3 minutes," announced an Australian-accented voice. The unexpected call to action heightened Hanni's curiosity and left her wondering about the imminent performance.

 The unexpected call to action heightened Hanni's curiosity and left her wondering about the imminent performance

Hanni stood in the side wing, her gaze fixed on the heavy velvet curtains that concealed the stage. As the curtains parted, revealing a multitude of faces in the audience, Hanni was momentarily taken aback. The spectators, a diverse assembly adorned in an array of elegant dresses and sharp suits, exuded an air of formality, as though attending a high-stakes business affair rather than a mere performance.

The peculiar attire of the audience, however, quickly faded into insignificance as the reality of the imminent performance seized Hanni's attention. The theater pulsed with anticipation, an electric current that ran through the expectant audience, each individual seemingly united in their silent agreement to witness something beyond the ordinary.

The lights dimmed, casting the theater into a hushed ambiance, and the haunting melody synonymous with the night circus echoed through the air. The stage, now bathed in an otherworldly glow, set the scene for a performance that transcended conventional entertainment. It was not a dance; it was an unfolding drama of life and death.