Chaotic Morning

Serena's POV

"AAAH! What in the world??!" I've fallen from the bed again! I stood up groggily, rubbing my bottom "Ugh! It hurts so badly! And here I was thinking I'm old enough to not fall from beds..."

I have been having these dreams for a long time now, not really dreams but, at least that's what I want them to be. If I could, I would lock them up somewhere, somewhere far away from me, really, really far away

Someone knocks on the door with urgency and shouts from the other side of the door "WAKE UP! TIME IS RUNNING OUT!"

"Ok, ok I'm going, geez...I was already awake before you came, you know?" With a volume like that she will be going places...

"I don't want to hear your excuses, if I let you be, you'll probably hide away somewhere..." she seems impatient.

I open the door of my room revealing the person on the other side. Seriously how can she be so energetic in the morning? "Mirena...that would be just childish..." She never lets me rest.

"As if you're not" she scoffs "you are a literal child" how can she be so mean?!

"Excuse me?!" I make a shocked face but I'm not surprised, after all, I really have the habit of running away. "For your information I've matured a lot these last months".

She narrows her eyes and crosses her arms "Matured? Yeah right" She laughs mockingly at me for that sentence "Come on now, go prepare yourself so we can go...and just for precaution... remember to keep your cape well tied... we don't want anymore "accidents" ..."

I know, "accidents" that's what she calls them, however they're everything but "accidents"... the shame I carry on my back... that's what I do and what I am, I can't exactly say It is an accident when it happens so naturally and frequently. "You can rest easy, I'll be extra careful!" I try my best to sound positive.

"I trust you will" she leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

"I can't make a mistake like before, not again..."

To make it clear I'm always making mistakes, it's not one or two from time to time, this is something that I do so many times that even to myself is sickening, however... last time I made a terrible mistake, a mistake so bad that because of it Mirena and I were forced to switch locations and all because my cape was blown away by the wind...

In the world where we live in, nobody is obliged to cover themselves, you can walk freely without covering yourself and you won't be frowned upon, however if your Glass is cracked, dirty, or "tinted" ...you are nothing more than a being without value...

We live by the words: "Female or Male, Young or Old, Rich or Poor, everyone MUST let the pristine and blinding Light shine" ...

The "Light" here is so important that every year, in the day the sun shines the most, everyone gathers to show their community how their Glasses shimmer in the presence of the Golden Rays. I, however, can't do such a thing, because of my flaws and deformities...

Ever since I was created, my Glass have shown irregularities. I guess that's why my parents left me. I won't say that I was poorly made or complain that they should be more accepting of what I am for this is also their own fault, I'm just...sad, sad that they wouldn't give me a chance, sad that they'd rather I perished somewhere out of their sight and not even bury my body...

In this short time of my existence, I ended up tinted, cracked and with a few pieces missing on my Glass, all of that quickly noticeable if I don't dress my cape on a daily basis when I go outside, such constricting my own freewill, leading me to fits of insanity, sadness and anger...