Scream 1996 Epilogue

-

Rebecca woke up in the hospital, her side ached, and her body was sore. Memories of what happened flashed through her mind, and tears made it to her eyes.

Her vision clouded, and she blinked, trying to clear her vision, but it only resulted in the tears sliding down her face.

The door to her room opened, and Randy walked in. His arm was a sling, and his eyes widened as he saw Rebecca awake.

He rushed over to her side as he saw her crying, "Hey, Hey, it's okay, you're safe now."

Rebecca quietly cleared her throat, "Sidney?" Her voice was rough, and her throat was a bit dry, but that was the least of her worries.

She worried about Sidney. Randy frowned, his eyes turning sad, and he shook his head.

More tears slid down Rebecca's face, "she didn't make it."

Rebecca let out a small sob, and Randy pulled her into a hug the best he could, and a few tears slid down his face as well.

They might have survived, but they will have to live with it, all of it. The memories, and the scars.

Rebecca sniffled and pulled back, bringing up a hand to wipe her tears that wouldn't stop falling.

"Um, Dewey and Gale survived too, and the police are searching for Billy and Stu, but don't worry, they won't get anywhere near you." Randy promised her, grabbing her hand in his.

"They got away?" She asked, and Randy nodded. "Yeah, but they won't hurt you anymore. That's a promise." He told her with a small smile.

Rebecca managed to crack a small smile back, but that was it.

Rebecca couldn't believe it. It was Billy the whole time. She trusted him, she loved him, she still does, and she doesn't think she'll ever stop loving him, but it's different now.

Everything was different now, and Rebecca wished it wasn't.

She wished they could just go back before everything.

Randy stayed with her for a while before he left, promising that he would be back tomorrow.

Rebecca was alone in her room now, and she couldn't help the quiet sobs that escaped her.

She couldn't stop crying, her heart painfully ached, and she wanted it to stop.

- -

Rebecca didn't get any sleep at all. Her eyes hurt with how much she cried, her throat ached, and her nose seemed to be stuffy.

It was already morning, and the sunlight peeked through the curtains of the hospital.

She let out a small sighed before she turned her head and saw Randy walking in with a big jacket on.

"What's with the jacket?" She questioned, clearing her throat a bit.

Randy closed the door and grinned before he opened up his jacket. Rebecca's eyes widened.

"Church?" Church jumped on the bed and rubbed his head against her chin.

"Picked him up from Billy's house, I decided to bring him here, um..binx and her babies are my house since Stu's house is a crime scene, and they were gonna take them to an animal shelter, but I offered to take them.." Randy rambled, and Rebecca smiled.

"Thank you, Randy." Randy smiled ,"No problem." He might get yelled at by the doctors, but seeing the smile on Rebecca's face, well, it was worth it.

- -

Billy and Stu have been on the run for a week. They were at a motel. It was shitty but at least it was something.

Stu was asleep, but Billy wasn't. He couldn't sleep, no matter how much he actually tried.

When he closed his eyes, all he could see was Rebecca. She was always on his mind, and it was his fault that she's dead.

Billy sighed, switching through another channel on the shitty TV before something caught his attention.

It was raining outside, and the thunder made it almost impossible to hear what the person on the TV was saying, but Billy wasn't focused on that.

"Woodsboro survivors." Is what the headline said, and he saw a picture of Rebecca, and then a video of her getting wheeled into an ambulance, barely conscious.

He crouched down in front of the tv and traced Rebecca's photo with his finger. He remembered the photo cause he was the one who took it.

She was alive. Rebecca, his wife, well, soon to be, wife.

"I'm coming for you, Becca.." he quietly whispered before he stood up.

"Stu!"

------------------------

Word count - 737

Hoped you enjoyed!

End of scream one