Chapter two: "..are we dealing with a copycat?"

-

The sun peaked through the curtains, and the morning air softly blew through the open window, and a screeching ringing sounded loudly.

Rebecca tiredly lifted her head and narrowed her eyes at the clock before her hand shot out, and she turned it off.

She felt something hit her cheek, and she glanced over to the side and saw church still sleeping, stretching his body.

Rebecca made him into a service cat after what happened a year ago. She needed church with her, and that was the only way.

Rebecca sat up, letting out a small yawn as she stretched her body. She stood up. She needed to get ready for the day. Something was just telling her it was gonna be a long one, but first, she had to go and make a phone call.

She reached over and picked up the phone just as her roommate Hallie McDaniels walked in.

"Who are you always calling so early in the morning?" Hallie questioned, placing her basket of hygiene down.

Rebecca just smiled as she walked past her, "Just a friend."

She walked out of the room and went somewhere more private. That friend was actually her aunt.

When she and Billy had their moment in Stu's room..well, she had gotten pregnant that night, and it was a girl.

Samantha or Sam for short, and Rebecca , she couldn't have her around her with Billy lurking around somewhere.

She didn't think that Billy would hurt their daughter, but she didn't want to take any risk, so she didn't put who the father was in the birth certificate, and when she was ready, she gave Sam to her aunt.

Her aunt was in her late thirties, but people would believe that Sam was her daughter and not Rebecca's.

It hurt Rebecca to just leave her daughter, but she knew that she would be safe with her aunt.

Once she knew that Billy wasn't gonna hurt Sam, then she'll go back to her, and she also knew that Sam was gonna find out who her father was, she wasn't gonna be able to hide that forever once Sam would enter her teen years.

Rebecca calls every morning and every night. Sam wasn't able to talk yet, but she did babbled and laughed, and it made Rebecca's day to hear her, and it made her sleep better, knowing that her daughter was happy.

- -

Once Rebecca had called her aunt and heard Sam, she had gotten ready, and church finally woke up. She made sure he was fed before the two of them left for first class.

Church went everywhere with her, and nobody really minded. Everyone seemed to love cats, and church was a well-behaved cat.

"Becca!" Upon hearing her name being shout from a few feet away from her, she paused, and she saw Randy walking over to her in a rushed away.

"Did you hear what happened last night?" He questioned, walking beside her as Rebecca resumed walking. Once Randy was beside her.

"Didn't have time to check the news this morning, " Rebecca replied, glancing at him, "what happened?"

"Two people were murdered at the Stab premiere last night, like Billy and Stu style." Randy told her, and Rebecca slightly tensed at the mention of Billy.

"You don't think.." She trailed off. What if Billy found her? Well, she wasn't exactly hiding, but why would he wait a whole year?

"Nah, leatherface hasn't shown his face in over a year, plus, why would they kill two random ass people when they could just come into the college and gut us?" Randy told her, and Rebecca shook her head.

"Then if it isn't them...are we dealing with a copycat?" Rebecca questioned, and Randy chuckled.

"You're learning." He said, and Rebecca smiled, playfully rolling her eyes as she slightly shoved him. He let out a small laugh before he spotted someone.

"Oh, I wanted to introduce you to someone. He's new here, just transferred, we have Cinema studies together," Randy said, as he lifted his hand and signaling someone over.

"Yo! Jesse!" A young man walked over, glancing at Rebecca and church.

Church lowly growled at him, and Rebecca held him closer to her.

"Rebecca, this is Jesse Moore, Jesse. This is Rebecca May." Randy introduced, and Rebecca stared at Jesse before a small smile appeared on her face.

"Hi."

Jesse smiled at her, "Hi. I heard a lot about you."

Rebecca didn't look surprised at all. Everyone knew her, one of the survivors of the woodsboro massacre. People would often come up to her and ask her uncomfortable questions regarding what happened that night.

She had to 'thank' Gale weather's for her fans. Rebecca didn't want to have fans. She just wanted to be left alone.

She didn't want to be asked uncomfortable questions, she wanted to move on with her life but it seemed like the past wasn't ready to let her go yet even if she was ready to let the past be past.

It was hard for her, of course. Her boyfriend of four years went crazy and went on a killing spree with his best friend, attacked her, and killed most of her friends.

Not only that, but Rebecca has to live with survivors guilt. She was supposed to die that night, but by some miracle, she didn't.

She survived, but Tatum, Sidney, they didn't. She decided to live her life for them, and she hoped that maybe she could honor them in some way because it felt like it was her fault.

She should've known about Billy and his mommy issues. She wondered why she couldn't be enough for him. Maybe she just wasn't there enough for him.

She promised herself that she wouldn't fail Sam like she failed Billy. She will try her hardest to protect her and make sure that she knows that she is loved.

"..what class do you have?" Jesse questioned, looking at Rebecca, a small blush on his cheeks. He looked nervous and shy now.

"She has the same class as us."

-------------------------

Word count -1015

Sorry for the late update but hoped you enjoyed!