Chapter 3 - Random Numbers

Mason pov

I don't know why but watching Will text someone else made me feel angry, in a sense. Like whoever was talking to him was Judas and I was Jesus.

"Mason and William, your partners." Mrs. Johnson said, pointing at us. I rolled my eyes and William just nodded.

"Just come over to mine, I'll text you the information later." I say, writing my phone number on the back of his hand.

He nodded and I grabbed my bag, leaving as the bell rung. I met up with Mabel, scrolling on my phone as she yapped about some cute dude.

"Oh! Mason, I met this really cute dude named Gideon. He's so chubby and adorable! He will be mine." She said, patting the knife she kept under her bra.

Gideon, As in the Gideon that William was texting earlier? Strange. Well, he dodged a bullet then, Mabel won't let up if she really wants that boy.

I opened my phone in art to see a new message.

xxx-xxx-xxx
hey, this is Will

Mason
hey
so my address is xxx rd and its #xx
be there at 4 ish
ttyl

xxx-xxx-xxx
alrighty ttyl

I put my phone down and finish my art assignment, which was alarmingly easy. Then I changed William's name in my phone to 'Blueberry' because he has that light blue hair and blue eyes.

I grabbed my bell and went to my third hour, which I shared with some blonde bimbo named Pacifica.

"Hey Mason!" She said, chipper and annoying.

"Hey." I say shortly, texting my mom about dinner.

"Who are you paired with for Mrs. Johnson's project? I have Mabel." she asked, drawing on the desk.

"I have some dude named William." I know who William is, he's the only reason I stayed in school.

"Lucky! At least he knows what we're doing." She said, pouting.

"Well my sister isn't that bad." I said, glancing at her. She seemed to be staring at me. I don't like it, so I looked at her directly and she looked away quickly.