Chapter 9 - Meeting The Parents

3rd pov

Mason smiled at Will and led him downstairs without much protest. Will saw a small and curvy Mexican woman with black hair and bright green eyes cooking.

"Hi boys." Mrs. Gleeful said, smiling at them.

"Hello Mrs. Gleeful." Will said respectfully.

"You can just call me Maria." She said and Will nodded.

Mason looked around.

"Dad isn't here?"

"He said something about working late tonight." Maria said and Mabel groaned.

"He's been working late so much! He can't put a little time aside for his family?" She complained and Maria sighed.

"You know that his work comes first. Why don't we sit down so I can get to know Will?" Maria asked and Mason nodded.

They all sat down and began to talk, first Maria and Mabel about girly things, Maria and Mason about school then Maria looked at Will.

"You're Kill's younger brother, aren't you?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm the youngest." Will said.

"Kill was an amazing worker. I can tell you're the same." Maria said and Will felt pride blossom in his chest.

"Yeah, He's a good brother." Will said and Maria smiled.

"I'm glad. How is your grandmother?"

"She's doing good."

The door opened, and Will saw everyone tense.

"Hey honey." Maria said.

Maria was met with a grunt and the man plopped himself down, expecting Maria to get his food. Maria got up and got him a plate.

The man was quite fat, and was blonde with deep brown eyes. Will knew better than to speak unless spoken to.

"Mason, wer ist das?" (Mason, who is this?) He spoke, his German accent heavy.

"Ein Freund, Papa. So ist es nicht." (A friend, Dad. It's not like that.) Mason said, not making eye contact with him.

"Ich hoffe es. Wenn ich noch etwas finde, werde ich dafür sorgen, dass Sie den Schwulen wegbeten. Ich werde keinen schwulen Sohn haben." (I hope so. If I find anything else I will make sure you pray the gay away. I will not have a faggot son.) Mr. Gleeful said and Mason flinched slightly.

"Whats your name?" Pastor Gleeful turned to Will.

"William." Will said, his tone polite and respectful.

"How do you know my son?" He asked, obviously wanted Will to back down.

"We're friends who are working on a project together." Will said, not backing down but instead meeting the amount of disrespect in Pastor Gleeful's voice.

He could see the anger flash through Pastor Gleeful's eyes, but he refused to back down. Mason looked between the two, slightly afraid for Will.

"I'm done, let's go Will." Mason said, standing up. Will stood up and gave Maria and Mabel a nod, only glancing at Pastor Gleeful.

The pair walked up to Mason's room, and when Mason shut the door he let out a sigh.

"Are you trying to start a fight with my dad?" Mason asked.

"Your dad is trying to start a fight with me." Will said and Mason rolled his eyes.