Chapter 5 (LVL 37 & 974) - "Death of a Hero"

(Ross's POV/Thoughts)

Why am I always the second choice? My ex chose a girl too, he liked her still and hated me, he didn't want me. He said I treated him badly, but I didn't. he's treated badly? What about me? I don't fit in here either, I wish Max was here or someone besides Fizzy and Arlind, they wouldn't understand like Max would. (Out of Ross's thoughts)

As he sat there, tears streaming down his face, he suddenly heard the sound of water splashing. He looked up to see a man with fiery red hair, deep brown eyes, and a red beard. The man wore a black shirt with a gray stripe across the middle, white gloves, and a golden Z-shaped necklace that gleamed in the light. It was Max, the man he had been waiting for.

 It was Max, the man he had been waiting for

"Max...? How'd you get here?"

"That doesn't matter. I'm with you and that's what matters to me." Max grabbed Ross's hands.

"What happened to you..?"

"A lot... I've been attacked by strange entities..."

"Oh well I'm glad you're alive, you look sad and brutally hurt."

"Yeah, I know... and I'm sad because a boy I like a boy I met here and he likes a girl I met instead. Why am I always the second choice...?"

"You're always my first choice, remember that. Romantically it's Krista obviously but friend wise it will always be you. He's not worth it."

"But I like him!!"

"I know but you have me, do you need him? Your ex picked you last too, you don't need a lover to be happy."

"But why is everyone so sad when they don't have one...? Why do I never find happy single people...?"

"Most of our friends are Ross, even you should know that. There's plenty of happy singles out there, I promise you're not alone."

"I always feel lonely. But now you're here and I feel slightly better now."

"Good. You don't need him I promise, he can lose an awesome guy. Remember that."

"Thank you, man." Ross stands up and pulls Max into a hug.

"I am happy that you are here with me, and I feel fortunate to have you as my best friend."

"Agreed. Now where are these people you were mentioning? And how many are here?"

"Four others are here. Ava, Charlie/the guy I liked, Fizzy, and Arlind."

"Ughhh Fizzy and Arlind are here!?" He says jokingly.

"Yeah, I know right," Ross says giggling.