Chapter 6 (LVL 71 & 822)- "Close to Death"

Suddenly, a splash of water greeted them as they landed in a pool of crystal-clear water with a gentle splash. The group couldn't help but roll their eyes at the thought of yet another water level. They stand up and walk through the water once again. Charlie lets out a frustrated sigh as the droplets of water continue to fall on him. Max goes up to a slide, others following and he looks inside to see it completely dried up.

 Max goes up to a slide, others following and he looks inside to see it completely dried up

"I think we can climb this," He says pointing up the slide.

"Are you sure?" Charlie asks.

"Yeah, I'll test it to make sure," He climbs in and goes up the slide, he's safe.

"Well, what happened?" Arlind asks.

"Nothing! I'm safe, come on you guys before it becomes unsafe somehow."

As Fizzy ascended the water slide, Arlind followed closely behind. Charlie was waiting at the bottom, ready to catch Ross. Nevertheless, when Ross was about to climb up and join the others, the water flow suddenly turned on and poured out of the slide with great force. The water propelled Ross out of the slide and he was thrown into the air and Charlie caught him. Charlie saved his fall on purpose but had the wind knocked out of him and was coughing water.

"Charlie! Are you ok!?! Why did you do that!?"

"Are you guys ok?!" Max asks calling down the slide.

"Yeah I'm fine but Charlie caught me and got hurt." When Ross stopped speaking the slide turned off.

"I'm going to try and help Charlie get up before the slide turns back on," Charlie shakes his head and stands up.

"I'll be ok. Go up before me."

"Nope, I won't until I know you're safe, go!"

Charlie lets out a deep sigh but nods in agreement nonetheless. He swiftly begins to ascend the slide, pulling himself up with practiced ease. Meanwhile, Ross begins his climbing but just as Charlie reaches the top and Ross is about halfway up, the slide suddenly starts with strong water again, throwing Ross out of the slide. Charlie gasps as he hears Ross cry loudly in pain. Charlie slides down the slide and sees his ears flatten as he runs over to him.

"Are you ok!?"

"Y...yeah... I'm fine... thanks..."

He gently lifts Ross and guides him up the slide toward the group of people waiting at the top.

"Can you walk still?"

"No... my ankle made another crack noise..."