Petals

I know I'm not supposed to say this shit. But fuck authority. Fuck your parents. Fuck principals, but most of all, fuck the authority who are below the main rule enlisters and think they rule the world. 

I'm talking about older siblings, vice presidents, or worse, vice principals. I also know that me saying, 'fuck the authority' sounds like a song from a band that's a descendant of Kittie and Limp-Bizkit, but it's true. I'll get it tatted on my ass.

Anyway, I sat in the passenger seat of my mom's car seconds after she slapped the shit out of me. I got caught taking and distributing Xanax in my school bathroom. What else is new? Well my garbage mother was actually there to punish me. 

She's literally taking my room from me. She's gonna lock my door from the inside until she gets back from her next job, and I'm getting kicked out of the house. All I have is whats in my bag. 

"Here. I hope you learn from this." My mom says and we pull up to a bus stop. 

"Shut up." I step out of the car and check the time on my cell. School is over, they took up all the time screaming at me in the principals office. 

All my friends have their boyfriends at their houses. No thanks. I read over all the other contacts in my phone and sigh heavily. I dial the number. Dreading the conversation ahead. I bring my phone up to my ear and chew on the inside of my lip. 

"Hello?" 

"Aiden, can we talk? Your place?" 

                                                                     *      *      *

I walk to Aidens because I feel like the empty streets are safer than the bus. It's a short walk. I stand in front of his house for a few seconds. I always loved coming here. It felt like my home. Although, I always liked Aidens sister more than him. She's so sweet. I sigh and start walking up to the front door. 

When I'm only a few feet away, a girl walks out and Aiden follows behind. I narrow my eyes at him. Skank. 

She carelessly walks to her expensive car. As she should. 

"Hi." He says quietly and stuffs his hands in his pockets. I do nothing but smile. 

"Lets go inside." He places his hand on my back and takes me inside. 

"Thank you for letting me come here. I have nowhere else." We walk to his bedroom. 

"I got you, Kass. Anything and I'm there." He says. I sit on his bed and hug my favorite pink pillow. I can't believe it's still here. 

"I thought you would've gotten rid of this right when we broke up." I look at it and smile. 

"PlayBoy Bunny? Never. And to me, we'll never be broken up." I look up at him and raise my eyebrow. 

"Oh yeah then who's the sexy bitch with the lambo?" I scoff and look around his room. It looks the same. 

"Just to get my mind off of things. Better than drugs." He smirks and I roll my eyes. 

"Yeah I wouldn't know because I've never had good sex before." I offer him the same smirk.

"Oh so we're insulting now?" He asks, his eyebrows are pushed together by expression. 

"You started it." 

"Well I can make it to where you never have to say that again." He states confidently. "I wasn't in my right mind the first time. Let me make it up to you." 

"I- um.. I treated you like shit today." 

"We'll do it as friends. No strings." He sits next to me and places his hand on mine. He lifts it and brings it to his mouth.