Part 2

Part 2. Mended Hearts

Angelique's POV

I open the door to her. It's night. It's cold. The freezing air hits my legs. I look at her outfit. a white tank top with pink fluffy shorts and matching slippers.

"Jesus, aren't you cold?" I ask her. She looks up and down at my outfit, a big Harley Davidson shirt with spandex and socks. 

She raises her eyebrow. "Aren't you?" 

"Come inside." I step back so she can walk in. She hesitates but then she does. 

"Can we talk?" She asks. I nod and lead her over to my couch. We both sit. She leans on my shoulder. I rest my head on hers. 

"I'm so sorry for whatever I did to make you change your mind." She says. Her voice is tired. Worn. 

"You didn't do anything. I actually went to visit you at the hospital but you were still asleep. I sat with you for hours." I stroke her blonde hair, regretting what I did to hurt her. She's so precious in my eyes. I didn't want to ruin that. 

The day I visited her was the day she woke up. I hadn't slept a wink because I was worried. I decided to sit with her and tell her how much I really loved and cared for her. Whether she heard or not, I didn't care. 

I was about to leave when I came across her mother. We talked about her problems and she thanked make for helping her. We watched through the window as she was in her coma. I assured her mother that she was getting her beauty sleep. We both feared for her life those two weeks. I watched as she started shaking and seizing and they all rushed in to help. I wanted to be one of those people. They said I wasn't direct enough to be in that situation. They closed the blinds and I left crying. 

"So you just sat there?" She asks and sits up to look at me. 

"We talked.. Or rather, I talked to you." I keep my hand running through her hair. She doesn't look like she has any intention of moving it. 

"What did you talk about?"  She asks. I smile and move my hand to her cheek. 

"Us. And what I want us to be." Our faces get closer as we speak. More importantly, our mouths. 

"What's that?" She questions, I have no way else but to show her. 

"I'll show you." And I lean in just enough for our lips to make contact. She releases a modest gasp, her tongue requests entry and I oblige. 

I place my hand on her waist, she holds my face in her palms as our kiss deepens. 

She leans back and we lay on the couch, I pull away to look at her like this. 

"I don't think-" I start.

"I don't either. But I want to. I really want to." She says. And she means it. I swear to god she means it and I don't know what to do.

"It's late," I say. "Let's talk some more tomorrow?" I pause for a second to clear my throat and gather myself. "Do you have somewhere to stay?" I ask. 

"No." She says definitively. "Can I sleep with you? Like..." She places her hand on my leg and runs her fingers up my thigh. She stops abruptly. "In your bed?" She finishes her question.

"Okay, but get right to sleep. I have things to do tomorrow." I stand up and hold out my hand, she takes it and I take her to my room. 

"It doesn't look much different now that Daniel is gone." She says after getting another good look at my room after the 'drastic change'. 

"I don't want to talk about him." She nods.

"Fair. Well, I found out I was right about my sister and Aiden." She sticks her lips out just like she always does when she doesn't know how to feel about something. I think it's adorable. 

"So? What did you do about it?" I ask and sit on my bed, gesturing for her to join me. She does. 

"Well, that's the thing. I told my sister she could be with him if she really loved him and was happy." She shrugs and pulls her lips into a straight line. 

"That's... A new one." I say, surprised at the fact that she was so mature about it. She laughs and blushes.

"Stop! I honestly wanted to beat the living shit out of her when I saw but then I noticed something. He wasn't fucking her. He was making love to her." She declares. I listen as she rants about all the details. 

"Well, you deserve someone who knows you're good enough to get that." I stand up to turn the light off and I go back to the bed with her.

"Do you know I'm good enough to make love to me?" She asks. I can't see the nervousness in her face when she asks me. But, I know It's there.

"Do you want to find out?" I ask. My head is propped up on my hand. I face her, though we're in the dark. I feel movement from where she is and suddenly, she's on top of me. The warmth of her legs wrapped around my waist makes me shiver. 

"I do." She says and leans down to kiss me. The kiss is more passionate than the last one. Every moan, every tongue slip, and every place my hands go is even more passionate and intense than the last. I move my hips up to make more contact with her, she notices and moves her hips. Forward, and back. A soft moan escapes her mouth and travels to mine. 

Before I know it, my lips are empty. She's not on top of me anymore. I look over at her confused. Not like she could even see my expression. 

"I suddenly realized I'm too tired." She says 

"You're such a tease. You know that?" I ask with a chuckle. 

I feel movement and it stops. She's facing me. Her hand is placed on my cheek. She runs her hand through my hair. 

"You're the most perfect person I've ever met." She says and plants a delicate kiss on my forehead. She pulls me close and wraps her leg around me. Her hand has traveled up the back of my shirt. 

"You're so precious," I say. I feel her lips with my finger. They're soft. She kisses the pad of my finger. 

I drift off to sleep after staying in this position in perfect silence. 

                                                                                  ***

I wake up by the sunlight drifting toward my window, lighting my room perfectly. Kass is on her back. I woke up with my hand in her shirt and our feet intertwined. 

I pull my hand out without waking her to grab my phone. Daniel texted me twice last night. I groan and open them. 

DANIEL: this the friend you brought home?

CLICK TO VIEW

"Oh my god," I whisper to myself as I witness Kassidy having sex in a shower on video. 

On fucking video. 

I look over at her. Her lips are parted perfectly and her breathing is still. Peaceful. 

How could someone hurt her like this? Does she know?