Appendicitis Escapade

It was another day in Brisbane, Chilli just dropped off Bluey and Bingo at The Glasshouse Primary School. Bluey was looking for someone hoping that they would be there.

"Biscuits," Bluey said unhappy.

"What's wrong?" Bingo asked.

"Mackenzie is not here. This is the third day this week he has been absent," Bluey said.

Soon enough the class came and sat on the circle rug as their teacher came in front of them.

"Class, there is something I want to tell you about Mackenzie," Calypso said. She is an Australian Shepard who wears a blue scarf around her neck, a brown jacket with the sleeves rolled up, a tan shirt, jeans and brown flat like slipper shoes.

"Is he on holiday?" asked Winton, who is an English Bulldog who wears a blue superman like shirt instead of an "S" it is a "W", black shorts, black socks and red velcro sneakers.

"Mackenzie is in hospital, he had his appendix removed," Calypso said.

The class gasped as Bluey's expression looked a mixture of sadness and concern.

"Calypso, what's an appendix?" Coco asked.

"Well I'm glad you asked, this is why we have a guest speaker today to learn about more of the human and dog body," Calypso said.

Soon enough, a figure came into the classroom.

"Is that one of Rose's younger sisters, Aurora?" Rusty asked, he is a Red Kelpie who wears an army top and shorts with socks and black sneakers.

"I think so," Jack said, he is a Jack Russell Terrier who has ADHD and wears a gray short sleeve shirt with light blue sleeves, jean shorts, socks and sneakers.

The figure was in fact Aurora wearing a salmon colored blazer with orange, yellow, coral, and pink gradients, a white collared shirt and tie, matching bell bottom pants, and high heels with a sun shaped necklace. She removed her sunglasses in a minute as everybody gasped at the sight of Aurora.

"Aurora!" The class minus Bluey cheered.

"I am glad your here, one of my students asked me what an appendix is," Calypso said.

"Well I have an answer for that, The appendix is a small, finger-shaped organ that comes out of the first part of the large intestine. It needs to be removed when it becomes swollen or infected. If the appendix is not removed, it can leak bacteria and infect your entire belly, which can be very life threatening." Aurora said.

When Bluey heard that she started to feel scared and sad and thought about what would happen to Mackenzie.

"Do you know that my sister, Twilight, had her appendix removed?" She informed them.

Later when the class started doing a science project on the human body while Bluey is sitting at a table by herself with her head down.

"Bluey, are you feeling okay?" Aurora asked.

"I guess, I'm just worried about Mackenzie," Bluey said.

"I'm sure she is okay, the doctors caught it just in time," Aurora said.

"Umm... Mackenzie is a boy, Not to correct you or anything," Bluey said.

Aurora had a shocked look on her face when Bluey told her that. A few hours later Chilli came and picked up Bluey and Bingo from Glasshouse Primary School. Chilli noticed from the rear view mirror of Bluey feeling sad and scared in the back seat of the Heeler 4x4 car.

"Bluey, everything alright?" Chilli asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright," Bluey fibbed.

Once they got home Bluey raced upstairs to her and Bingo's room and closed the door.