Prologue

Brief Introduction

You were in your second year of Karasuno High, and although you were not a volleyball manager, being friends with some 2nd year and also the beautiful 3rd year Kiyoko, helped you grow fond of the team as well.

You obviously were a year younger than Kiyoko, but your parents had been friends with hers since you two were little, so you've known Kiyoko for what felt like forever. You were an only child, and you felt lucky to have her by your side. You two knew each other very well, you even had your own inside jokes that just the two of you understood. You'd both seen each other at your best and your worst. Always sharing your victories and also knowing how to cheer up the other when times got tough. She was your best friend.

And it's not like you didn't want to be a volleyball manager, but you really didn't have the time to be, because you were busy with your martial arts. Karasuno High was one of few High Schools that taught different disciplines of martial arts. That was one of the main reasons why you chose to attend Karasuno.

Attending the same High School as Kiyoko being the first one.

Anyway, you liked the idea of trying different disciplines and finding out which one you liked best. You'd have to choose one sooner or later if you ever decided to go pro, but you liked the idea of being able to kick someone's ass in different ways.