Chapter 6

New Friends

Saturday again!

You got up and did the same like every weekend, you liked routine, so you didn't mind at all. You went out for a morning run and stopped by the same green area to catch your breath and stretch a bit. You were listening to music so you didn't realize someone was calling you.

"Oi! Mysterious girl!" someone yelled and waved at you as the team ran past you.

Seeing that he failed his attempt of getting your attention, he decided it'd be better if he just approached you.

"Hello," he sang but you didn't notice his presence until he patted your shoulder, making you jump in place and turn around to punch him in the stomach as a reflex action.

Your eyes widened as you saw the guy before you, grabbing his stomach in pain, and his friends agape before they started laughing.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" you took off your headphones and bent over to the guy, "Are you okay?" you asked, concerned.

"I'm okay, don't worry about it," he hissed, "My guts have just been relocated, that's all." he said, wheezing, "I'm Tendou Satori, by the way," he added.

"Uhm... I'm LN YN," you said back, "Nice to meet you, Tendou," you said shyly and helped him get up straight.

"Guys," he turned to his team, "This is LN YN," he announced, "Watch out, she's incredibly strong," he said and you blushed.

The team said hello to you and you learnt that the tall guy you used to see every weekend was named Ushijima. You knew who he was, but tried not to show. You had heard your team talk about the famous Ushijima Wakatoshi from Shiratorizawa Academy, and now you were standing in front of him. After some small talk, they started talking to you casually.

"So, LN-san, which High School do you attend to?" Goshiki asked you.

"Karasuno High."

"Do you happen to know Kageyama Tobio and Hinata Shoyo?" Ushijima asked calmly.

"Yeah, of course, I'm friends with the volleyball team." you announced and they seemed interested all of a sudden.

"We're a volleyball team too!" Tendou cheered loudly.

"Really?" you chuckled, "What High School do you guys attend to?" it was your time to shine, and prove yourself you could be a great actress if you ever wanted to.

"Shiratorizawa, just a few streets away from here." Ohira replied.

"Ah..." you paused for a second, "The huge one?" Tendou nodded happily, "I heard it's incredibly difficult to get in."

"It is indeed, I wouldn't have gotten in if it weren't for my scholarship." Goshiki muttered looking down, and Yamagata patted his back.

The conversation kept on for a couple more minutes before you decided it was time to return home, for it had been almost an hour and a half since you left.

"I should probably get going," you said.

"Yeah, we should too, before Tanji-kun gets angry," Tendou said, "See you soon, LN-chan!"

"See you, guys," you smiled before turning away.

The team waved goodbye as you started running in the opposite direction. On your way home you started thinking, What had just happened? Did you just befriend your team's rival?

[...]

You were meeting Kageyama today and you were hoping your address was legible in the note you handed him yesterday. What if he didn't understand some kanji? Or got on the wrong bus?  You lived rather far from Karasuno High... Anyway, he would find the way, eventually. Or that's what you wanted to believe.