Chapter 3

New Arrival

The bell rang and with that class was dismissed, it was Wednesday, and those were your rest days, so you could go straight to the gymnasium with Ennoshita and the others. However, they were going out for a run and you took the opportunity to go somewhere else before.

You looked over the papers Hinata had given you earlier and went straight to find this potential new manager for the club. You wandered through the hallway, looking for the 1st year's Class 5, standing out from the people around. You finally found it and burst in.

"Ahm, excuse me," you started saying, getting the attention of the students, "Which one of you is," you rapidly glanced at the papers in your hand, "Yachi Hitoka?" you looked up again and some of the students were pointing at a small blonde girl still sitting at her desk, you bowed, thanking them, and walked towards the shivering girl.

"Ah, ehm, hi," she started saying, obviously flustered by the intrusion.

"Hello!" you smiled at her, "I'm LN YN, from second year. I heard you're not in any club yet and I thought you might be interested in becoming part of the guys' Volleyball Club as their manager," you explained, but weren't sure Yachi was listening at all, as she seemed lost in thought.

"Huh? Uh! Yeah!" she hesitantly replied.

"Really?" you exclaimed, "That's great! I'll bring the official manager tomorrow during lunch break so she can explain a little further about the position."

"Uhm... You're not the manager?" she asked, confused.

"Ah, no," you shook your head, "I'm just a friend trying to help," you smiled, "See you tomorrow, Yacchan!"

And with that you were gone and walked to volleyball practice. As you entered the gym, you found everyone sitting on the floor, listening to Takeda Sensei speak. So you quietly dropped your school bag and sat next to Tsukishima.

"However," he continued saying, "This field trip will be early next month. Do you recall what else is early next month?" he said, pushing his glasses up with one finger, "The end of the school term." everyone's sweat dropped, "That means, final exams." he looked at some of the club members right away "You understand, right?"

You leant in to peek who he was referring to, and to your surprise, Kageyama was one of them and he was shivering. You wouldn't have thought, for he seemed smart. But, then again, looks can be deceiving. For Hinata, Tanaka and Nishinoya, though, you weren't really surprised.

"So," Takeda Sensei wasn't finished, "If you happen to fail any of your finals and be required to take makeup tests..." he sighed, "I'm afraid the field trip would be out of question." he finished, and then the chaos began.

The four of them started panicking and screaming, Kageyama even passed out for a minute. Ennoshita tried to stop Tanaka and Nishinoya from running away, and Tsukishima was picking on his teammates. The chaos kept on for a while before Daichi started shouting.

"Everyone, calm down!!" he started saying, "Can Karasuno play at its maximum potential without these four morons?!" you chuckled at yourself Was that a compliment or an insult?, "No, it can't!" he continued, "So we're doing it... All of us are going to Tokyo together!!" he finished, looking so serious it was almost scary but everyone seemed to calm down a little.

When they carried on with practice, you approached Kiyoko smirking at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked, nonchalantly.

"I may have a surprise for you," you smirked again.

"Spit it out," she squinted at you.

"Hinata told me during lunch break about a first year girl," Kiyoko listened closely, "I just talked to her earlier, and she seemed interested in joining the club."