Chapter 5

I Owe You One

You finished Taekwondo practice and got changed. You were hoping you would arrive in time to volleyball practice to watch some three-to-three matches, as Ennoshita had told you earlier.

"Before you go guys, I've got some news," Murakami Sensei, your martial arts coach said, catching your attention. So you sat back down and listened closely.

"As you may know, there's a Martial Arts Tournament held in Tokyo soon," he started saying, and all of you listened closely, "And I would like two of you to sign up," he paused and you were getting impatient, "Mimura Satomi, for Kendo's Women's Individual competition," you all cheered.

"Way to go Mimi-chan!" you cheered, nudging your club mate, who was agape.

"And LN YN, for Taekwondo's Women's Individual Freestyle." he casually said.

"What?" you muttered, eyes widened while your peers cheered and shook you in place.

"I've been watching you two improve your skills day by day, and I'd like to see how far you can go. Those disciplines are your strengths," he pointed out, "I wouldn't consider this if I didn't believe that you can win." Mimura and you glanced at each other before high fiving and hugging.

You left the training room and wandered towards the gym to see your friends. You couldn't believe the fresh news, and it was written all over your face. You stepped into the gym, your mind still being a million miles away... But one shout made you blink twice and come back.

"Watch out!!!" you heard someone yell, but when you looked up it was too late... Or so you thought.

You closed your eyes, expecting the ball impact... But it never came. You loosened up your previously tensed body, and slowly opened your eyes. Kageyama had run impressively fast and was now standing by your side, having carefully stopped the ball that was about to hit your face and leave you with a nose bleeding just a second ago. Everyone seemed to relax and sighed in relief, since they were holding their breathing from the scare.

"Are you okay?" he bent over a little, and calmly asked.

"Hmm, yes, thank you!" you replied, still in shock.

Everyone approached you two, asking if you were alright and such.

"Man, you were faster than Hinata just now," Suga said, patting Kageyama's back.

"Yeah, you couldn't even get there in time," Tanaka told the orange boy.

"I, I saw Kageyama running, so I thought he got it covered," Hinata rubbed his head.

"You ran before him and still he got there earlier," Tsukishima pointed out.

"Shut up, Suckyshima," Hinata glanced up at his teammate, who smirked back.

After the little incident, everyone resumed practice and you sat with the girls to watch.

"Spill the tea, sis," Kiyoko casually said to you, without taking her eyes off the game.

"Sometimes you freak me out," you chuckled.

"What's wrong?" Yachi shyly asked.

"I know by the look in YN's face she has something to tell us," Kiyoko announced.

"But how-how do you-? Are you a witch or something?" you looked at her and she giggled.

"I just know my best friend," she finally looked at you, smiling, and you blushed and looked away, "So what is it?" she asked again, looking back at the game.

"Ehm... I've been asked to sign up for the Martial Arts Tournament," you confessed, It felt so weird saying it aloud.

"Oh my God, YN!" she screamed and looked at you, flushing and gaining the attention of everyone in the room, who looked your way and wondered what the hell was happening.