Chapter 8

Anxious

Your finals finished on Wednesday. You had been kind of over the top between your training and studies, but managed to get it all under control. You handed the teacher your last exam, and sighed in relief. It was finally over.

"How did it go?" Ennoshita asked you, once you got back to your desk.

"Good, I think," you said, playing with the rings on your fingers.

"You're gonna pass, YN, relax," he said, putting his hand over yours, "And you're gonna win this Saturday."

"But what if I fail and I can't go to the competition?"

"What the hell are you talking about? You've never failed finals before," he tried to reassure you and you sighed, "Narita, help me out, man!" he asked his friend.

"YN," Narita said calmly, squeezing your shoulder, "You're gonna pass," he looked you in the eyes, "And you're gonna go to your competition and you're gonna win, ~cause I'm already telling everyone you are~," you tensed up before dropping on your desk, hiding your face in your arms.

"How is that helping at all, dumbasss?" Ennoshita muttered, looking up at his friend, in disbelief, "Get out!" he waved his hand at him, "YN, you've trained a lot for this, it will be okay," you looked up to him, "We will be cheering on you," he was smiling and you somehow calmed down a little.

The next day...

Your alarm went off and you stretched, still in bed waiting for Haru to come cuddle and ask for some smooches. You finally got up and stretched a little more before going downstairs to have breakfast.

"Good morning, honey," your mom was already in the kitchen.

"Hello," you sang.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked.

"Yeah... Kinda," you said, tiptoeing to get a bowl from the upper cabinet.

"You'll know your test results today, right?"

"Yeah..." you sighed, grabbing the cereal.

"Honey, I'm sure you passed. Relax," she said calmly.

"I'm actually more anxious to know if Kageyama has passed his English test."

"Hah, look at that!" she chuckled.

"What?"

"I just think it's cute how you're worried about him."

"I'm not worried about him."

"Yes, ~you are~," she sang.

"So, is dad coming back today?" you tried to change the subject while eating your cereal.

"Yeah, he should get here in the evening."

You chit chatted with her for a while before going upstairs and brushing your teeth. You got ready, said goodbye to your mom and left for school.

Once there, you found out you had passed your finals and you felt the weight on your shoulders had vanished. You were feeling happy for the rest of the day, until...

"Kageyama-kun! How did it go?" you approached him, after stepping in the guys' gymnasium.

"I passed English," he started saying, avoiding your gaze.

"That's great news!" you exclaimed, "I was actually kind of nervous."

"But, I flunked modern lit..." he muttered, looking down.