Chapter 1

First Encounter

You'd just finished your training, so it was time to gather all your belongings and call it a day. As usual, Kiyoko was waiting at the entrance to walk home with you, and as it was expected, the 3rd years were happy to join.

"Hey, YN-chan! Did you finish already?" Asahi said, smiling and waving at you while you made your way to them.

"Yup, did you wait long?" you returned the smile.

"Not at all, we just finished as well. How was training?" Daichi replied.

"Well, today was easy" you replied "And that only means..."

"Tomorrow's gonna be tough" Kiyoko and you said in unison, making you stop walking to look at her, faking being offended by what just happened.

"What?" Kiyoko giggled "You always say that."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

[You made a long pause before speaking again]

"Okay, maybe I do" you eye-rolled.

The 3rd years laughed at the scene, and you finally gave in. You resumed your walking, having small talk with them never felt awkward. However, when you were passing by Sakanoshita Market, the conversation abruptly changed.

"YN-chan, you've got to come see our first years!" Said Suga, really excited about the idea.

"Yeah, they're crazy good! One of them even wants to take my Ace position" added Asahi.

"Wait a damn minute, you're playing again?!" you nearly screamed in surprise.

"Oh! Didn't I tell you?"

"No!" You exclaimed, pushing him a little bit too hard "I mean, I heard Noya say something about it but I didn't know for sure. I'm going to kick his ass tomorrow for not telling me."

"Wait, no, no, no! I'm sure he didn't tell you because he thought it'd be better if I told you myself" Asahi tried to reassure you.

"And when were you planning to tell me?!" you squinted at him.

"I guess I forgot" Asahi looked down while rubbing the back of his head.

"Yeah... sure..." you eye-rolled.

"You really should come by more often, YN," Daichi said "We miss seeing you put the second years on track."

"Yeah, you've got a gift, you know that right?" Suga laughed.

"Are you flattering me because you want me to put the first years on track too?" you squinted at him.

"Don't get me wrong, that'd be fun to watch!" Suga put his arms in the air "Seriously, there's this crazy duo you've got to meet" he now said more serious, slowly lowering his arms.

"Okay, I'll come by one of these days."

Everyone cheered at what you just said and eventually parted ways.

The next week...

You made your way to the gymnasium for the first time in what felt like forever. The squeaking sound of sneakers at the other side of the door was loud, you breathed in and out and entered the room.

All eyes were on you and Kiyoko approached you quickly with a smile. She nodded at you, signaling there was nothing to worry about you being there, since she had previously talked to Takeda Sensei and Coach Ukai about you and they were totally okay with the fact that you helped even though you weren't an official manager. How could they say no to any helping hand? They approached you as well for a quick chit chat.