Chapter 11

Flying Accident

The week apparently flew by before your eyes and Hinata and Kageyama still weren't on speaking terms, but you overheard they were training on their own to improve their skills, so you were hoping everything would go back to normal sooner than later.

Anyway, it was Saturday again. Your alarm went off and you stretched a bit, still in bed waiting for Haru to come cuddle and ask for some smooches. You finally got up, changed into your sports clothes and went downstairs to have breakfast.

You chatted with your mom for a while before going for your morning run, or else you might end up throwing up. Like always, you stepped outside, deciding which song to start your workout with. And once you decided, you began to jog, slowly increasing your speed.

As usual, you stopped by the green area to stretch a bit, but spotted some kid playing with his father nearby so you decided to move away a little. You were focused practicing some moves when all of a sudden you glanced up only to find a boomerang flying towards your face. Your vision went black for a second and the sudden pain on your lip hid the one on your forehead. Next thing you remember was the man with a concerned look, and his kid standing in front of you, apologizing and asking if you were alright.

You looked to them, with one hand on your mouth and the other waving up and down in a "it's not a big deal, it was just an accident" kind of way. Almost instantly, Shiratorizawa's volleyball team ran past you and stopped on their feet when they noticed the scene before them.

"~Mysty-chan!~" you heard a cheerful and loud voice calling.

"Eh?" you turned to look and Tendou ran towards you, waving his hand in the air.

"Hello," you muttered and waved your hand, revealing your busted lip.

"Oh, damn, are you okay?" his eyes widened and the rest of the team approached you.

"Y-Yeah," you stammered.

"What happened?" Ushijima asked directly to the man in front of him.

"We were playing boomerang... A-And she got hit," he explained, "W-We're so sorry,"

"It was an accident, don't worry," you could sense that the man right there was fairly intimidated by the team and the kid was almost tearing up, "Hey," you said, crouching down to be at the kid's level, "I'm okay, don't worry a thing, huh?" you lightly squeezed his shoulder.

When you got back up Semi, with whom you hadn't talked much, boldly traveled his hand to brush away your hair from your face so he could get a better look at you. He stared at the cut in your forehead and then his eyes met yours. You blushed a little at his touch, he had a small scowl on his face but yet he was so gentle.

"You should get that cleaned up," he casually said, his hand still lingering on your face.

"Yeah, come back with us, we'll take you to the infirmary," Goshiki added.

"Is that okay?" you shyly asked.

"Whether it's okay or not, you're coming," Semi added and you just nodded, "Here," he gave you a tissue and put it on your lip, "Press gently," and you obeyed.

Semi turned to his side to approach the man and his kid.

"You shouldn't play boomerang in a place like this, it's dangerous," the father's face went pale and nodded.

"W-We're so sorry," he repeated.

"Go somewhere else and be careful," he casually said and patted Ushijima's shoulder so he would stop intimidating them, "Let's go,"