Chapter 12

The Record Shop

Two days later...

You woke up at the sound of your alarm, and got ready for school. It was the last week before summer break and you couldn't wait for it to be over with. You were also kind of excited about the summer training camp, and your stomach stung when you thought about seeing the golden-eyed guy. What was his name again? Bokuto?  You accidentally smiled at remembering him and hissed because of the pain coming from your lip.

You looked at yourself in the mirror and sighed, you didn't want people to stare at you in school... You could hide the cut on your forehead with your hair very easily but your bottom lip, though... The cut was visible and it was still heavily swollen. There was no way you could cover it up with makeup because it hurt like a bitch, so you surrendered and hoped for the best... The best  being that people wouldn't pay much attention to you. They did though... And you had to reassure everyone you were alright over and over.

[...]

You were on your way back home from school when your phone rang.

"Hi, mom,"

"Hello honey, where are you?"

"I'm on my way home,"

"Could you stop by the grocery store to buy some things?"

"Ehm... Yeah, sure. What do you need?"

Your mom listed a few things and you took a detour to the grocery store. You bought everything your mom had asked for and began to head home. However, now that you were there you decided to stop by the record shop before.

The bell rang as the door opened and closed behind you.

"~Hello~," you greeted entering the cozy shop.

"Oh! YN-chan!" a man crossed the back curtains and approached you, "How have you bee-What happened to your face?!" he exclaimed.

"You don't have to make it that obvious, you know?"

"Sorry," he mumbled, "But seriously what happened?" he said, making his way behind the counter.

His name was Sato Shin, he was a handsome guy in his mid 30s and worked full time at the record shop. You knew him well since you were kind of a regular customer there.

"Boomerang," you shrugged and he looked confused but went on with it, "How about you?" you shyly smiled back, approaching him.

"I've been better," he sighed, "Planning a wedding is harder than I thought..." you chuckled as he dropped in his chair.

"Have you decided on a date yet?" you curiously asked.

"Around September next year I'd say,"

"That sounds good,"

"I'll let you know when we choose so you can save the date," he widely smiled at you and you looked confused, "What? Did you think you'd get away? You're coming,"

"B-But why?"

"Why you ask? Seriously?" he laughed at you, "I would've never met Fuyuko if it wasn't for you!" he confessed and you blushed.

A few years ago you went to the record store to buy your favorite band's latest album and you were so happy about it that you couldn't stop looking at the cd in your hands. However, as soon as you stepped outside the shop you bumped into a young woman, making you fall backwards. She crouched to help you get up as Sato rushed outside to you, since he had seen what happened from inside, their eyes met and yada-yada, you know the drill, don't you? They fell in love at first sight and nobody helped you in the end, so you got up by yourself because they were lost in each other's eyes.