Chapter 9

Heart Eyes

It was finally Saturday, and everyone had left for the weekend training camp the night before. Saeko had happily agreed to take you to Tokyo as well, so you walked to school as any other day. She was already there, waiting by what seemed to be your high school cafeteria's minivan.

"Saeko neesan!" you called out, approaching her and she turned to face you.

"YN, my girl!" she yelled back, hugging you somewhat tighter than you'd like.

You chatted with her while you both waited for Kageyama and Hinata to finish their makeup exams.

"So, YN, I heard your competition is kind of a big deal," she casually said.

"Yeah..." you sighed, getting anxious again.

"Don't overthink it, you're gonna be great!" he squeezed your shoulder, smiling and you smiled back.

The high school front door opened abruptly and Kageyama and Hinata stepped outside.

"Oi, flunk-out boys!" she called out to them, "Get in."

"Uhm, are you Tanaka-san's big sister?"

"You can call me Saeko neesan," she casually replied, "I'll get you down to Tokyo before you even know it," she winked at them, and turned to face you, "Although we'll take a detour and drop this lady right here to her competition before going to your training camp, does that sound good?"

"Yes!" they yelled in unison and Saeko winked at you this time.

You sat on the backseat with Kageyama, since you knew the trip was gonna be long and you wanted to rest before your tournament. You ended up closing your eyes and fell on his shoulder. At first he was stiff, but he eventually relaxed and carefully moved your head so you'd be more comfortable, before he laid his on yours and closed his eyes as well.

After a while you woke up and noticed Kageyama was sleeping, so you slowly moved him to his side. That way you could stretch a bit, but before you even realized Kageyama ended up falling into your lap. At first you were stiff, but you eventually relaxed and let him sleep. He looked so calm and pretty, and you caressed his hair away so you could see more of his face.

"Aw, look at that," Saeko said, eyeing behind and you blushed hard and quickly retreated your hand, "Didn't know you two were-" she started saying looking at the road ahead, before you cut her mid sentence and Hinata peeked behind.

"No, no! It's not what it seems," you rapidly said.

"Oh," she said sadly, "That's a shame, you two look really good together," she casually said and your face flushed darker at her words.

"LN-san, is it true that if you win you'll represent Japan in the next World Tournament?" Hinata suddenly asked and you were thankful that he did, for you could change the subject and talk about something else.

"WHAT?!" Saeko yelled, almost going off the rails and waking Kageyama, who was startled by the sudden yell and looked up at you, blushing hard realizing he was sleeping on your lap, "Is that true YN?" she continued, while Kageyama coughed and got up to move to his place.

"Ehm... Yeah," you shyly said, while Kageyama rubbed his eyes to wake up.

"So it is a big deal," she sighed after all that yelling.

After that, the four of you chatted for a while and Kageyama even shared his onigiri with you, which you happily accepted. At some point you glanced out the window and realized you were already arriving in Tokyo. Kageyama noticed you all tensed up, so he didn't think twice before placing his hand on your thigh and squeezing it. It caught your attention and you turned to face him, rapidly glancing at his hand on your thigh. But before he moved away you held his hand and looked up at him, who gave you a nod of encouragement and you calmed down a bit.