Socializing

On the second day of school, the classes were extremely mundane. Not only have I learned each of these topics in my past life, but I also retain Kiyotaka's academic knowledge. In short, I am forced to learn the same thing three times. As expected, the class is chaotic, with Sudou, who slept like a log, being left unreprimanded by both the teachers and the students alike.

Not long after, it became lunchtime. Getting up from their seats, the students began leaving the classroom to go out to eat lunch with their newfound friends and acquaintances. As I was figuring out who to have lunch with today, Hirata voiced out his thoughts for the whole class to hear.

"I was thinking of going to eat, does anyone want to come with me?"

Soon after, Hirata was surrounded by girls, who flocked around him like magnets.

"I'm going too~!" "I'm joining as well!" those words echoed throughout the whole class.

Now, here's the question: Should I or should I not join them? Although I am not opposed to hanging out with any of these girls, the fact that there are too many of them is kind of putting me off a little bit. I often find myself rather uncomfortable with a crowd.

As I was deep in my thoughts, I was approached by one of the girls, to be exact: Mei-Yu Wang. "A-are you not going to join us, Ayanokouji-Kun?" Out of everyone in the crowd, I never once thought that I would be approached by her.

Seemingly having nothing better to do, I figured there should be no loss in doing so. However, I figured it would be fun to play hard to get for a bit.

"Actually, I was just planning on going to lunch alone."

"I-is that so? T-then why not join us? I think that going to lunch alone is a bit boring, don't you think so?" It's a bit peculiar to me how insistent she is on going to lunch with me.

Humming for a few seconds, I told her a small concern of mine. "Are you sure? I don't think everyone is fine with me being there. I don't want to be a nuisance in the group."

"No such thing! I'm sure everyone is fine with you being there. As a matter of fact, I think everyone would love it if you joined us."

"Is there anyone else?" As if feeling a bit lonely from the lack of other boys in the group, Hirata began searching around the room. That is when our eyes locked, and the man began to smile wryly at me, as if he were in need of my saving. I guess I have no choice but to accompany him.

Turning my attention back to Wang-San, I took up her invitation. "Well, if you insist." I stood up from my chair and began walking to the group formed at the front of the class. Startled by my sudden movement, Wang-San began franticly following me around.

Our walk to the cafeteria was filled with the scenery of Hirata getting bombarded by questions left and right from the girls. At times, their attention shifted to me, but it was obvious that their attention was mainly directed to Hirata. It was clear as day that Hirata had left a better impression on the class compared to me.

Amidst our walk, however, I was approached out of nowhere by one of the girls in the group, namely Kushida Kikyo. Perhaps she had something in mind. I honestly don't remember much of the small details from the first volume, and I believe the same goes for every other reader.

"Ayanokouji-Kun... right?" She did say something cliché to me during the introduction, so it isn't really surprising that she had memorised my name.

"That's right, and you are Kushida, right?"

"Yup! I'm glad that you remember my name." Her voice is annoying. She began slowing her walking pace, to which I followed suit. This way, the group won't be able to hear the content of our conversation.