Calculated Measures

What a disastrous predicament! To give you some insight, I am currently running late to class. Twenty minutes late, to be exact. Now you may be wondering why. There are two reasons why I ended up in this situation.

The first one was that I overslept for eleven hours. No, that's a lie. I actually woke up normally this morning after sleeping for eight hours. However, I simply went back to sleep for an accumulative eleven hours.

The second reason was that I had a stomachache this morning. A horrible one at that. So, I sat on the toilet for approximately 20 minutes before finally taking a shower.

What a chaotic start to my day! Though, to tell you the truth, I am not actually worried at all about arriving late to the class. After all, we are going to be losing all of our class points anyway, so I might as well take my sweet time and remain lax for the whole month.

Walking through the entrance, I decided to pay a visit to the convenience store first and bought myself some light breakfast, namely two slices of sandwiches. Due to my being in a rush, I hadn't been able to prepare myself an appropriate meal for breakfast. I'd rather not starve myself and wait for lunchtime to come.

By the time I reached the classroom, our teacher was already there and had started teaching. Standing out like a sore thumb, everyone's attention was on me, but I ignored their gazes and went to my seat. 

"What did I miss?" I asked to my kind and friendly neighbour, Horikita.

"Nothing much, nothing you couldn't revise later on on your own."

"Then why do Yamauchi and Ike look so happy right now? They aren't even attempting to hide their smile."

"I have no idea. It's best to ask them yourself. After class had ended, of course." Horikita decided to give a little advice, which I didn't heed.

Pulling out my phone from my pocket, I sent a text in the male group chat Ike had created. The text read, 'Is there something going on right now?' It didn't take long for them to text a reply.

'We are having swimming class after this. I say swimming, but the real important part is the girls. And by girls, I mean them being in their swimsuit.'

I see. I got confused a little at first. In the anime, they had the swimming class around the start of May. However, in the light novel, it actually started earlier in the month of April.

Swimming huh? If I'm being frank, I am no different from Ike and Yamachi, as I too am looking forward to the swimming class. I'm a healthy teenager, after all. Of course, I'm not going to be ogling the girls like these two will.

'I have asked professor, and he agreed to record the girls in their swimsuits.'

'And how will he be doing that?' I asked Ike.

'Just leave it to me. I'll act as though I'm feeling unwell and skip class. I'll then rank the sizes of the girls' boobs, and if there's an opening, I'll try taking pictures.'

How disgusting. At any rate, it's best that I don't involve myself with them, lest I be recognised as a pervert as well. switching off my phone and putting it back into my pocket, I slept through the whole class. Though at first I had been worried about ruining Horikita's impression on me, having to sit and pay attention to the class is something I'd rather avoid at all costs. 

I, however, was brought back to consciousness by someone. Lifting my head from the table, I saw a familiar scene. It was Hirata, just like the day of our enrollment, who had awakened me from my deep slumber.

"Wake up, Ayanokouji-Kun. Lunchtime is over, and everyone is leaving for the swimming class." The man said with his usual smile. It seems like he is looking after me more than he did in the canon. Maybe it was due to our good start on the first day. Apparently, I had also slept all the way through lunchtime. My empty stomach is not going to appreciate that.