My First Bloodmoon

Vera's P.O.V.

It was three months into our training to be proper slaves and consorts...

I was utterly engrossed and sitting on the edge of the bed as Bri recounted the events of her story. "So I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, dangling off the cliff's edge, and then...Snap! The branch I was holding onto started breaking away."

She stopped and looked around the empty room, scooting closer to her bed to whisper this next part. "I thought I was a complete goner until Master showed up; he reached over the cliff's edge and saved me. I was the only survivor that day, and since then, the tension between the house Psyren and house Sanguine has been extreme."

Wow, I couldn't believe she had survived an attack from those savages. A knock at my door revealed Dominic. I stood, heart fluttering, heat rising to my face. He smiled and approached us. "Good morning, girls. I see you're taking the free day to yourself."

I nodded and walked over to him before I fished my notepad out of my pocket and wrote. "Yes! Will you be joining us for today, Master?"

Dominic shook his head and bent down, sniffing the side of my neck and hair before pulling me into his chest; he was exceptionally physical when it was just me and Bri. I squirmed in his arms and gently pressed my hand into his chest, pulling away and gazing up at him sternly, his smell of dead lilacs wafting into my senses, slowly calming me and arousing me.

His eyes flicked instantly to mine the second I started to get aroused. He had a sly grin on his face, and it made me blush and look over towards Bri, who was staring at us. I pulled out my notebook and scribbled down."Why so close, Master?"

My face reddened as he gently grabbed me by the waist and pushed me against the wall. My eyes flicked from Dominic to Bri, who was standing now; being this close to him, I could tell something was wrong. He was sweating profusely and shaking slightly as he bent down and whispered. "It's a Blood Moon tonight, and I need you..."

I nodded and gently gripped his hand, balled up into fists at his side. I scribbled down something else and showed it to him."I'm here for you?"

He wasted no time as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. We left a stunned Bri as he pulled me down a separate hallway adjacent to the one that normally houses all the dorms. I've never been this way before. He pulled me into one of the dark rooms with old-fashioned lanterns on the wall. Small flickering flames danced across the old-fashioned bedroom; the walls were accented with the all too familiar copper piping you could see inside and outside the building. I gulped. The room smelled entirely of Dead lilacs, and it filled my being. I looked around the room as he frantically rushed over to the windows and gazed at the moonlight; white bounced off his face as the color slowly turned to a deep crimson red.

I saw his muscles tense under his shirt as he groaned and bent over the window seal. Two protrusions came out from his back, making his shirt taut. His features contorted with pain as blood seeped through the white shirt. As he slowly slipped his shirt over his head, I saw...wings sprouting from his back, slowly growing bigger and bigger. I gasped and pressed myself against the door, seeing that this meant he was a royal vampire. I gulped and watched his wings slowly bat, dripping with dark crimson blood.

He slowly turned towards me, his Azure eyes glowing in the red light from the Blood Moon. He took what seemed like one normal step forward, and then suddenly, he was staring into my eyes, bending down slightly, tilting his head back and forth as if examining me. I reached up and caressed his face, but he grabbed my wrist faster than my eyes could perceive. He reached, let go of my wrist, leaned forward, and grabbed my waist, lifting me off the ground; before I knew it, I was laid on the soft surface of his bed.