Ch. 7 - Truth or Dare

The first thing I did after going home that day was to give Rohan a friend request in discord. I had always wanted to do that but I didn't want to seem too easy or desperate so I chose not to. I only did it now because he seemed to be friendly and I don't think he'd find it weird now that I was his clasmate. To not seem obvious, I gave a friend request to all my classmates which wasn't hard since there were only 20 in total and I was already friends with half of them.

He accepted my friend request instantly and even sent a Hi. For a moment I was taken aback. It turned out he wanted to know who I was and it was hard since I didn't share my name. My discord ID was 'Mafia Queen' (I was so obsessed with BTS Mafia fan fics that I wanted a Mafia King for myself) so anyone who saw it would find it strange. I didn't know what Rohan thought of me after seeing it but I wasn't in a plan of changing it anytime soon.

Rohan: Hi

Mira: Hi

Rohan: Who is this?

Mira: I'm Mira, your classmate.

Rohan: Okay.

Rohan: I'm kind of busy rn
will catch you after 8.

Mira: Yeah np.
I was just sending friend requests to
All of our classmates.

Rohan: Kk.

Mira: Byee

Rohan: I'm not harsh.

Mira: Loll okay ik

Okay, that went pretty good. What did he mean by he wasn't harsh? Did he think I was scared or uncomfortable? Is it because I didn't talk to him much today? I was trying to keep a distance with him because he made me feel things that I didn't understand but I did talk to other guys because we'd be classmates and it'd be helpful to have friends. It doesn't matter anyway, I just want to be friends with him.

===============================

Two weeks passed by in a blink. We were approaching the end of November. My classmates connected with each other pretty well and I had already made a few friends. Karan and Aisha were the closest to me but I talked to a few other guys as well - including Rohan. Me and Rohan became friends thanks to being in the same bus and sitting close by. Our class teacher changed our seats a few days later and Rohan happened to be sitting in an adjacent bench. We talked about random stuff and found we didn't have many common topics of interest but we still talked anyway.

No matter how much I tried to suppress them, my feelings for Rohan grew everyday. When I say I tried, I actually did. I went to the point of calling Jin my husband and focused all my attention on kdrama men and BTS just so I could erase whatever I felt for Rohan. 14-year-old me thought crushing on fictional men and celebrities was an efficient way to get rid of my actual crush.

I still had my eyes on Rohan all the damn time and it's getting so frustrating. It took so much effort to not be obvious. I definitely cannot focus on another guy. It doesn't matter if Rohan was near me or not. When he was around, I kept glancing at him. When he was not around, I thought about him and kept wanting to go to him.

Just when I thought that there was no drama for 2 whole weeks, our classmates had this wonderful idea  of playing truth or dare during the break time. Since everyone around me were playing I thought it'd be good if I joined too. Aisha didn't want to play so it was just me, Karan, Rohan, and some other guys.