Something to fight for

As Mira and Ace managed to get away from the ship, they both relax for a while out in to the open sea

After finally getting the map the two decide what their next move shall be, But Ace decides to lay low for a while and starts to go and "take a look" of his past.

Ah yes..the classic backstory of a character, It first starts off with Ace serving someone of "high status" in a place where being of high status was far more important than low life forms such as "commoners" who can easily be replaced.

the people with higher status the more brilliance and superiority grows.

These people of high status would take in slaves and if those slaves would dare to oppose them... then....

Ace was a slave to someone who had such high status and prestige that it seemed no other person of high status or someone kind enough to.. save him from his misery.

Ace worked tirelessly everyday fighting, finding, whatever scraps he could lay upon that would try to lessen his pain.

And then one day as he tries to carry out his master's orders of trying to find something that was lost he stumbled upon the captain, Captain sobi.

Seeing Ace all run down, Sobi decides to show him the missing item.

It's a beautiful and illustrious pearl from deep below the sea and when Ace saw it he was desperately trying to grab it from the captain's own hands.

Sobi seeing the determination Ace had of trying to get the pearl, and instead of Sobi being disgusted by this act, he instead offers Ace a deal.

He would try to bring Ace out of his misery and in return he would become a member of the "Endless mist"

Ace thought hardly on this decision he thought to himself that maybe,

"Maybe he's different.."

And then he thinks about all the things he has been trying to do from the very start, he has been fighting for his freedom, he has been fighting for his own peace.

So without further hesitation he agrees to the captain's deal.

And as hours passed after the deal Ace finally returned back to his master's manor to bring back the pearl only to find him dead in his office on his seat.

Ace drops the pearl in shock and sees that their is a note left by on the table, it reads:

"Meet me by the docks

- Captain of the
"Endless mist"

Ace couldn't believe it, but as he stands there in a moment of silence still looking at the note he finally makes his move and heads for the docks.

He sees the captain and the crew loading up barrels and other necessities onto the ship and decides to go and talk to the captain.

"Why.. would you do it like that..?"
Said Ace

"Why would you be questioning it? You wanted to be free from your misery and have your own taste in freedom, Why ask the reason when the outcome already came."
Said Captain sobi

Ace finally being free from his misery was the only thing that he could think of and now remembering the deal he made with the Captain, he officially becomes a member of the "Endless mist"

But as this story shifts back into the future, Ace can't help but think if that his past self still working with the captain was truly freedom.

"Seeing a desperate person be so desperate for freedom and in exchange to have that freedom is to work for you, was it truly freedom to begin with?.."
Said Ace as he contemplates even more

"But I guess now I fight for something else, for the safety and for the freedom of the sea."
Said Ace as he looks at Mira while she's looking at the other whales

Ace finally gets up and tells Mira that they should try and take a break from this journey and have sometime to relax somewhere else.

"But can't we just relax here?" Said mira

"Were out in the middle of the ocean." Said Ace

Ace tells Mira that he knows a great island to spend their time with before continuing on what their next move shall be.

Mira hesitates at first but then reluctantly agrees.