31. Reena

We were back again

We were back again.

"You are leaving for college?" Bhaiya asked me.

"Uhh.. Yess!" I said packing my bags.

"Come I'll drop you."

"No it's fine, I haven't eaten my breakfast yet. You'll be late."

"It's fine, I'll wait." He said and left.

I had my breakfast while he was working on his laptop and we left together.

"You have any test today?" He asked.

"No just regular lectures." I replied casually.

"Okay text me whenever you get off from your lectures I'll come to pick you up." He said and I felt strange.

"You will pick me up? Why?" I asked.

"Just like that."

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Driver told me that he has seen you sneaking with some guy after lectures and returning after hours. You always give excuse that you have extra lectures thinking that he didn't see you." He said and I suddenly felt uneasy.

"What rubbish! Driver uncle is lying." I lied straight on his face.

He removed his phone and showed me a photograph where I was sitting on Vijay's bike.

"Isn't that Vijay?" He asked and I nodded in fear.

I didn't had guts to speak anything and stayed silent for a few minutes until he spoke again.

"I don't want you meeting him anymore. You won't even talk to him." He said as if it was easy for me.

"But he is my friend...."

"You have other friends, there are so many people in our group talk to them but not him. He is our business rival. I hope you won't forget that." He said while driving.

"But the rivalry was started by our parents. Why do we have to continue this rivalry?" I asked in anger.

"It was started by our parents but now he is into business and he is my rival so he should be your rival too."

"But he is my friend you can't deny that."

"I won't deny it, I'll just change the reality." He said with a straight face.

At this point I felt like my whole world was crashing. I couldn't breathe anymore. My breathe was getting heavier and my head was spinning.

"I won't stop talking to him." I said while I start crying.