𝟎𝟏𝟑. the twisted sisters

"The Twisted Sisters are back, baby!!"

     Robby had been confined to juvie for precisely two days now, a span that felt like an eternity to Clementine

     Robby had been confined to juvie for precisely two days now, a span that felt like an eternity to Clementine. The regulations were strict during the initial week – no visits, just phone calls. As the clock ticked toward 9 am, Clementine's alarm blared to life at 8:58, signaling her scheduled call with Robby. Startled, she bolted upright, her heart racing.

    Without hesitation, she reached for her phone, silencing the alarm, and swiftly accessed the call app. With trembling fingers, she dialed the number for the juvenile center, her anxiety mounting with each passing ring.

     Finally, someone at the front desk answered, their voice laced with a hint of irritation. "Hello—"

     Interrupting swiftly, Clementine pleaded, "Can I talk to Robby Keene, please? We have a scheduled call."

     A frustrated sigh emanated from the other end before she was placed on hold, a mundane tune replacing the silence. Clementine couldn't help but roll her eyes in exasperation as she waited anxiously. After what felt like an eternity, she was greeted by Robby's voice, though it lacked the warmth she craved.

    "What do you want?" Robby's tone was curt, sending a pang of hurt through Clementine.

     Desperation colored her voice as she rushed to explain, "Robby, I swear that I had no idea that Daniel was gonna do that. I swear, I love you."

    "I don't know what to believe, Clem," Uncertainty clouded Robby's response, leaving Clementine grasping for words. She sank onto the edge of her bed, her heart heavy with emotion. "I miss you and I love you. Do you not love me back, Robby?" Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she fought to maintain her composure.

    Before she could receive an answer, a voice interrupted from the other line, signaling the end of their conversation. "Keene, time's up!"

   "I— I gotta go," Robby's abrupt farewell left Clementine reeling, her heartache palpable as she struggled to come to terms with the abrupt end to their exchange.

Clementine's frustration boiled over, and she flung her phone against the wall in anger. Tears filled her eyes as she ran her hands through her hair, grappling with the weight of her emotions. The sound of a car pulling into the driveway drew her attention, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. Pushing herself off the bed, she made her way to the window, heart pounding with anticipation.

As she peered outside, a gasp escaped Clementine's lips at the sight of Alison leaning against the car. "Alison?!" she exclaimed, her voice tinged with disbelief and longing. Without hesitation, Clementine sprinted down the stairs and threw open the front door, tears streaming down her face as she ran towards Alison.

Throwing her arms around Alison, Clementine felt a surge of relief as her best friend lifted her up in a tight embrace, twirling her around. As Alison set her down, Clementine's tears flowed freely. "Wh— What are you doing here!?" she managed to choke out, her voice trembling with emotion.