Chapter 8 - Addicted -

The escape room had been won by Charlie and Vaggie, and Lucifer had been more than happy to grant them both access to LuLu Land. He had made some calls beforehand and personally arranged a few things to give his daughter and girlfriend the best experience in hell.Charlie was so pleased with the result of their exercise that he gave everyone a day off to enjoy themselves, get out of the hotel and have fun. The group of residents decided to go to the club to distract themselves with music, plenty of alcohol and remember an old friend who was no longer with them.The radio demon had disappeared as soon as they walked out the door of the escape room. Left alone in that big hotel, alone with his own thoughts, he decided to lock himself in the workshop he had in his quarters.He needed to create.He needed to distract his mind from the thought of Alastor.

§

"Alastor, my dear, I didn't think you would come to visit me so soon."Rosie was glad to see Alastor.Of all the overlords, he was the only one who understood her ideal, but above all with the same and identical taste in both food and aesthetics."I must say that compared to last time, I don't find you equally well. We'll take it from here." Rosie added, signalling to one of the waiters at a small restaurant in Cannibal Town. According to Rosie they had the best fillet steak you could find in town.Alastor smiled and kept his usual composure.He did not want to show his cards to Rosie, who, although a friend, was still a very powerful and dangerous overlord and he did not want to take the risk. Yet he needed her help, her advice.
"Oh, you know me - nothing I can't handle smoothly."

Alastor replied, pragmatic and determined to reveal his cards at the appropriate time.Their order quickly arrived.The radio demon had ordered some deer and demon entrails, while Rosie a rare fillet all served with an excellent red wine."I must compliment you on the broadcast the other day, it was nice to see you back in the limelight."
"Rosie, as you well know I appreciate grand entrances in style." Alastor allowed himself a taste of the dish, but after the first bite he felt his stomach completely turn over; he had not experienced anything like this.
"Anyway, are you really going to go to war with Vox again?" asked Rosie, determined to find out more.Alastor was not the same.He used to smile all the time, that was his nature, but she could tell something was bothering him just from his eyes and the small movements of his body.

If the radio demon did not speak Rosie could not rely on the same approach as with the princess of hell, she decided instead to try to get around the obstacle by asking more questions."Vox necessarily seeks a head-on collision. I have no intention of giving in to his provocations, but I will not put up with rudeness and that must be punished." Alastor brought a new piece of meat closer to his mouth, but once again the taste caused him severe nausea. He was, however, determined to keep up appearances in front of Rosie, even if his feelings were to appear obvious to her eyes.Rosie continued to smile, enjoying her own portion of meat and alternating with the wine, and nodded at Alastor's words; the Vee's lack of respect was something that could not be ignored, however much she would have preferred a much different approach to that of her dear friend.Noting Alastor's reaction to the food, however, he decided it was the perfect time to move a few pieces around the chessboard to try and find out something.

"Alastor, dear, it seems your lunch is not to your liking..." commented Rosie, pointing to the still full plate and the other's lack of interest in finishing it. "...Are you still thinking about that delicious dish from last time? If you tell me what it is I might try to retrieve the meat."Rosie was definitely curious.What could the radio demon have eaten that was so sublime that he had forgotten one of his favourite dishes from Cannibal Town? Alastor felt caught in the act."Indeed, that flavour is hard to forget, and I don't think it's easily traced," he dissimulated in response, nodding lightly with his hand.