Chapter Five

Suzune Horikita POV

Kira finally returned to class a few days after Ms. Chabashira checked on her. Rumors went around quickly that she'd been injured and that was why she disappeared for a little over a week. She put those rumors to bed with her own announcement telling everyone she was fine and the cold had finally gone away. 

"Now that everyone is here, I can announce that we are leaving for the school's private island two days from now. A small treat for making it this far. All first-years are required to go and a small group of second-years will be accompanying us." Ms. Chabashira told us.

Two days later we were all packed and ready to go to the island. Okami came to board with our class and the other three classes had their second-year escorts too.

"Okami, what's with the second-years?" I asked.

"Each of us was assigned a class for roll call since there are only four of us. I was assigned to Class D."

"Time for first roll call." Ms. Chabishira called after everyone was boarded. Okami was the last name on our list. "Alright, go have fun." She smiled as we went our separate ways.

Horikita found me sitting at the student-safe bar. We ordered our drinks together and realized we didn't have to spend any of our points.

"Don't you think this is kind of suspicious? I mean I get it for Class A but for us too? There is something more at play here. At least that's my guess." Horikita said.

"I'm inclined to agree with you," I said.

"Mind if I sit here?" Okami asked.

"Sure." We said in unison.

"Thank you. Ryuen has been following me around. I need a break." She sighed and laid her head down.

"Rin, there you are!" Ryuen boomed startling Okami out of her seat. She fell onto my shoulder.

"Sorry!" She fixed my jacket and ran off.

"She totally wants me," Ryuen smirked to himself.

"Right." I said. "She didn't just run away from you either."

"That's enough out you, mouth." Ryuen turned his attention to me. "Hey Suzune, why don't you ditch this loser and come hang with me?"

"Does this kind of thing often work for you?" She asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes." He said. "The only two that have blatantly rejected me are you and Kira."

"Rin just ran away." Horikita said.

"When did Kira reject you?" I asked.

"A while ago." He smiled. "I came to her room, and she rejected me completely. Even after I threatened you. She either doesn't care about you or she has total faith in you."

"I have total faith in him, you creep. What are you doing with my brother?" Kira tapped him violently on the shoulder. 

"Let's make a wager." Ryuen suggested getting her full attention. "If you win, I'll do whatever you want for the rest of our time at this school. What do you say?" 

"What are you suggesting?" She asked. 

"I bet I can make you fall in love with me before you can make me fall for you." He winked. "Whoever admits defeat will be the victors slave for the rest of our time in this school." 

"No thanks, I'm not stupid." Kira smiled. 

"If you'll excuse us for a moment, I'm going to talk to my sister. Wait here." I grabbed her shoulders and ushered her away to a quiet corner. "Do it."