Chapter Eleven

Author's Note: Sorry it's a short chapter, I'm struggling to find the words to write for this one. Thank you everyone reading, I appreciate the views and votes! Love y'all so much! Enjoy! :)

Kiyotaka Ayanokoji POV

"Miss, please answer our questions." The nurse asked.

"Do you know your name?" The doctor asked. She hesitated for a moment.

"Rin Okami. Class 2-A of the Advanced Nurturing High School. I assume we're in the hospital on campus. I assume I have a head injury or I've been sleeping for a while based on all these questions. I'm fine, can we please stop with the questions?" She complained until she noticed me. "Kiyotaka, can you help me out here? Tell them I'm fine!" 

"Rin, you were comatose for over three weeks. They need to make sure you're okay. Be patient." As soon as she heard me out, the blood drained from her face. 

"Three weeks?" She asked. "What happened?" 

"You don't remember? That group of bullies from last year tied you up and hurt you. They beat, tased, and tried to drown you. Horikita defended you while I pulled you out of the water. They've all been arrested, but now that you're awake it's your decision what to do next. They'll serve their sentence until they come of age to be tried as adults. If you want to continue with the charges against them, they'll continue their sentences in prison until their time is up. If you choose to let them go, they'll be freed once they come of age." I explained. 

"Let 'em go." She said without a second thought. 

"You'll have to tell that to the police officers on their way here." A nurse told her. 

"Okay. How long will this take? I have three weeks worth of notes and work to make up." She sighed. "I can't believe I was out for three weeks."

"I'll ask Horikita if you can have his notes from the past three weeks. I'll be back later with them, assuming he says yes." I walked out of the room, nearly bumping into the police officer that came to see her. "Sorry." I mumbled. 

"It's okay kid, I wasn't looking where I was goin', my bad." He smiled kindly. "She your friend?" 

"Girlfriend." I corrected. "Are you here to ask what she wants to do next?" 

"I am. I'll probably be here a while, just a heads up. I can't imagine her wanting to let them go after what they put her through." He rubbed his bald spot gently.

"Well, see ya." I walked away to resume my mission to get the notes from Horikita. 

Rin Okami POV

"Hello officer." I greeted as politely as I could. 

"Hello, Miss Okami. I'm here to talk about your next steps. Now that you're awake you can either press further charges on your own behalf, or drop them as soon as the first part of their sentence is done." 

"Drop the charges." I told him.

"Are you sure? They put you in a coma for three weeks, under normal circumstances anyone in your shoes would press further." 

"Let 'em go. They aren't worth my time or energy. Just make sure they know it was my decision to let them go." I smiled. 

"Alright, sign here. This form is just letting us know that you'd like to drop the charges. We will let them know that you're the one that made this decision when they get out. Thanks so much, and I hope you heal up soon." The officer had me sign more papers and fill out a few forms to ensure all of the information was there and correct. 

A new professor came to visit me. 

"Hello, Miss Okami. I'm Professor Ayanokoji, I hear you and my son are together, is that true?"