Chapter Fourteen-

I put the last box into the moving van. This, was the scariest yet happiest moment of my life. I was finally moving away from my dead ass parents, but I am moving away from the only home I've ever known. It hurt, but I was...Free.

"You ready?" Cam asked, rubbing my back. I nodded and slipped my hand into his, lacing our fingers together.

"Let's go."

We got into the U-Haul and drove over to Nash's to pick up his stuff.

"Load up your stuff bro," Cam yelled out the window, seeing Nash come out his door with a couple boxes.

"Already doing that," Nash yelled back. Cam and I hopped out of the van to help.

Nash's boxes weren't taped, so they opened easily. I learned that...When it was too late.

"This box is so light," I said, surprised I could carry something. I was heading to the back of the truck when I tripped (over nothing) and dropped the box. It opened, and out came like fifty empty cartons of milk. Milk? At least it wasn't anything breakable.

"Nash what the fu-" I started, only to be cut off by laughter.

"Oh my god," Cam said, "you actually packed them?!"

I was so confused.

"Yes, yes I did," Nash laughed, not answering my obvious confusion.

I decided to speak up, loudly, "NASH WHY THE HELL ARE YOU PACKING MILK CARTONS? THAT DON'T EVEN HAVE MILK IN IT?"

No one answered me. Cam was on the driveway, literally 'rofl-ing' (rolling on the floor laughing), and Nash couldn't speak through his own laughter.

"My stomach muscles hurt," Cam continued to laugh.

"Same," Nash mumbled, his laughing starting to fade.

"Can somebody please answer me?" I asked again, letting a few giggles slip out.

"It's an inside joke we have," Nash explained, finally answering me, "but long story short we were joking around about bringing them to the house and so I did."

"That still doesn't answer my question," I said, putting my hands on my hips.

"Fine," Nash sighed, telling the story, "one of the first times I went to Cam's house we found a bin filled with half-gallon milk cartons, without the milk, in his basement. Neither one of us knew where they came from and why they were there. Cam you finish the story, I laugh too much."

"Okay," Cam agreed, "so I asked my mom and sister where they came from and neither of them knew, so Nash and I agreed that they were haunted. My mom wanted to throw them away but that would be abusing the undead so Nash took them to his house. A few different stories later, we stored the cartons in his attic. Recently, I asked if he was gonna bring our pet haunted cartons to our new house and he joked and said yes...And he actually did."

It took me awhile to find the right words to respond, but when I did I said, "Well your haunted milk wanted to be free, so they tripped me in order to get the box open."

Cam made some weird "oooooo" ghost noise, so I laughed and walked away to get a less milky box. I grabbed another lighter box and walked out. When I came back out the cartons were cleaned and probably packed in the van. I smiled, shook my head, and continued walking.

When we had all of Nash's stuff packed in, the van was filled to the top. Good thing it JUST fits, we wouldn't want to have to rent two U-hauls.

"Get in," Driver Cam ordered. Nash and I climbed into the three-seater row. Well, the only row in the van. It was kinda squished, but I was slim enough to make everyone comfortably fit.