Chapter 08: Certain Someone

12:20 P

12:20 P.M.
MONDAY
REHMAN RESIDENCE, OUTSKIRTS OF DELHI

"Sir, the Mir Group has scheduled an inauguration on the 12th of August for their hotel in the city of Chelsea." Sofia, my secretary, stood in front of my desk in the study, holding a tablet, her gaze fixed on the screen. "The same date as our Hôtel de Luxe!"

I leaned back in my seat, my arms resting on the armrest, and clasped my hands together as my gaze shifted to the towering, dark grandfather clock behind her. Should I just move the date of our opening and let them go? Or should I just go ahead with the war they've been urging for so long?

But instead, as I glanced at Sofia again, I asked the most essential question: "How did they find out about our inauguration date? Because, as far as I know, only those who received an invitation knew the date."

Her finger, which was scrolling on her tablet screen, came to a standstill, and she briefly pressed her lips before looking up at me with panic in her beautiful blue gaze. My eyes narrowed slightly.

"The chairman ordered me to send an invite without informing you, sir!" She responded and gulped, keeping her gaze on me.

I pressed the tip of my tongue against the wall of my left cheek as I stared at her, the tablet in her hands quivering from the tiny trembling of her body, before quietly replying, "Maybe we should change the date then."

"I'm sorry, sir?" Sofia inquired, her face something between confused and terrified, but I did not react. My eyes narrowed slightly as I again looked behind her at the grandfather clock ticking loudly in the silent room, calculating our risk. Two competitor hotels are launching on the same day! People will be pulled between those who received invitations from both companies. So we will undoubtedly lose some guests to the Mir's there. However, smaller firms than The Rehman Hotels will come because they do not want to become our adversaries. Socialites would only choose those with a strong state legacy. So we'll lose much more there. However, those who know what is truly best would attend ours. So...

Two loud fists ramped on the door before it burst open and slammed against the wall behind. Then Ahad and Ahana stepped in and sat down in the sitting area a few feet away from my desk, not looking at me as they began talking about some peculiar topics I did not want to hear.

I sucked in my cheeks, irritated, as I glared at them from behind the desk. Then I looked at Sofia, who stood with her lips pulled together and her eyes somewhat wide, looking behind at my siblings and then back at me.

"Find the most influential influencers of all time," I ordered as I grabbed my phone and wallet from the dark table and took large strides out of the study, Sofia trailing behind me. "Send invitations exclusively to those who have a sense of decency, and make sure they are monitored at all times. I want everything under control. I don't want anyone else to destroy it any more than they already have!"