1

The party was going well and people kept coming and going as minutes and hours passed. But, Elias was still single... And the ladies were still giggly as always, a little too much. Just as Elias was about to head to the back of the palace and take a breather, the air felt slightly warmer and strange so just as he was going an announcement was heard.

"The Princess of Leighander has arrived!" A voice boomed.

Everyone's voices slightly hushed as they turned toward the entrance. A lady adorned with a dress full of blues, purples and a touch of green bowed slightly and then lightly smacked her escort, some gentleman with shockingly red hair and around her age probably the one who announced her. No one seemed to notice that smack except Elias as he chuckled quietly. Elias had heard about Leighander as being the best to be in ties with and apparently there is something special about the people there. But who cares? All he wanted to know was the princess who seemed to be more into the event than men.

"You honestly did not have to make that announcement idiot," {Name} scolded as Finn chuckled.

"You were bored during the whole journey, I had to make you alert somehow!" He replied.

"Well not like that!"

{Name} pouted as she was suddenly greeted by guests of other kingdoms and even men who offered dance and talk about possible meetings to know each other and get, ahem, engaged. She laughed aside that part of the offer but gladly accepted the meetings if were possible. Finn kept putting his protective arm around her when men insisted a little too much.

"Finn you need to relax or you're going to become emotionally unstable, " {Name} whispered as she gently put a hand over his, which was predominantly much cooler and less burning compared to his.

Finn's eyes softened as he lowered his arm and his heat started cooling down. He gently thanked her and remained by her side. {Name}'s friend sometimes gets really worried and jealous and usually those who control fire can tend to be swayed by their emotions when controlling their power. Luckily {Name} can cool him down.

A figure catches {Name}'s eye and she notices that is was the renowned King, Elias himself. Quickly the two guests bowed to him.

"Ah no need, I should be the one bowing to the most respected royal family of trade," Elias commented as he gave a bow also. {Name} and Finn looked at Elias with utmost respect and told him that there was no need either.

"We are here to just have a great time! No need for formalities!" {Name} stated as she grinned sheepishly.

Elias blushed as he nodded in agreement; this was a day to enjoy the present and meet new people and friends. Now, if only he could somehow make an impression to {Name}... Elias smacked himself internally, as this girl was one that all the men oogled and lusted, whether for her riches or for her looks. He could clearly tell when many men approached her and especially when the other females gossiped and seethed with jealousy whenever a suitor approached her. For some reason though, once {Name} and Finn arrived to the palace, it felt comforting and soothing to Elias and he couldn't put a finger on it.

"So what brings you here Miss {Name}?" Elias asks after introductions of names.

{Name} looked down and then back up, "Oh, I'm just here for diplomatic matters and just to learn more about your kingdom!" Lies, {Name} told herself as she slightly felt herself burn up.

Elias's expression dropped slightly as he was disappointed that the princess was probably not interested in Elias himself. But wait, he could just give her a private tour and then somehow maybe she would like him! You're the man Elias!

"Oh, if you want we could have a private tour around the kingdom if you want! After the event of course!" Elias suggested, immediately brightening his expression.

{Name} smile and complied right away.

This was going to be a great evening.

"So what do you think of this Elias guy?" Finn asks as quietly munches on the appetizers and two wait for the party to end.

"He's nice, I wouldn't expect that he was the one that froze the whole kingdom a few months ago. But then again he was experiencing unsuitable conditions." {Name} stated as she took a snack from Finn's plate, earning a whining sound from him.

"Yeah, that's true."

"It's so weird how both of his parents weren't gifted and neither is his brother," {Name} mentioned. Usually the gifted have at least one parent with the gift.

"Eh that can happen, it's just rare, they probably had a recessive gene or something and maybe their ancestors had special powers." Finn stated.

"Of course I know that! Why do you think we get many students from other kingdoms, the weird part is how they are royalty and the current lineage doesn't have more gifted children." She pouted.

It was rather strange, many royalties, if gifted have one parent or the parent has a sibling that's gifted. There was was evidence in how the children got the gifts but Elias was just a special case.

"Anyways, I wonder how experienced he is with his ice powers," Finn wondered.

"Probably better than you," {Name} joked. "Just kidding, he probably hasn't had too much practice and isn't at his full potential."

"True, I remember when I came and I almost burned the whole school down," Finn stated as {Name} laughed.

"Fire is a hard element to master, it's unpredictable."

Finn was a child that someone dropped off at the school at such a young age, apparently the boy came from an orphanage and the caretakers thought he should stay away from the other children and learn how to control his powers. Apparently the caretakers weren't too fond of him burning everything he sees. He was a problem child but now he is a lot better to when {Name} and her family took him in.

"Yeah, but remember you are what everyone in the kingdom calls a neutralizer," Finn pointed out as {Name} hushed him.

"I just happen to be more powerful than others," She whispered not wanting anyone else to hear.

"You're missing the poi-"

"Hush!"

Finn pouted to himself as the ball began to come to a close.

"I hope everyone had a great time!" Elias cheered as everyone thanked him and began leaving. Once the place was cleared, Elias went to {Name} and Finn.

"Let's begin the tour shall we?"