✿Day 2

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you." 

― A.A. Milne

✿ Day 2

You know that moment in the movies where a song plays, and the protagonist faces the first stroke of love. The masterpiece is beginning to color, each every stroke is in perfect harmony and sync. The sun's lights, rose's red, ocean's blue -the colors had been chosen, the outcome yet to be decided.

Yuv wasn't in love with her. He can't possibly be. He met her yesterday, for maybe ten minutes or so.

But as he watched her laugh, curly strands of black hair bouncing off her shoulders, Yuv could feel his heart skip a beat. Good Lord, she's the patient. He's never looked at anyone the way the he saw her. He placed a hand on his chest.

From the window, he could see the sky. "God, really?" He smiled to himself. "Thought I had everything figured out,"

Catherine, the lab technicians was sharing stories about her seven year daughter, Bo. Mira was having a hard time keeping her laughter in. She didn't particularly adore children but the stories Catherine told made them seem like a bomb.

"...Basically when she gets home, she walks about of her clothes like nobody's business. That's not it, she refuses to let our dog, Scruff sleep on the porch. She thinks the neighbors will steal him because he's so cute. I left him outside once and when me and my husband woke up, I found her asleep next to Scruff, her arms tightly around him."

"That's so adorable. I want to steal her for a couple days."

Catherine sighed. "Please be my guest. She's a monster."

"I beg to differ." Yuv sat down on the chair opposite to Mira. Mira met his gaze, he instantly felt heat rise up his neck. Mira, on the other hand, narrowed her eyes at him. She hadn't forgotten his rather rude inquisitions. "She is an angel."

"Don't you have anywhere else to be?" Mira muttered under her breath.

"I'm on a four minute break, ma'am."

Catherine made an amused face. "Dr. Yuv, you need to stop making the patients hate you."

"They don't hate me." He groaned "Well, not all of them. I just tend to say the things on my mind." Mira grinned at his annoyed expression. He must really have a hard time here.

Catherine placed Mira's jaw x-ray scan on the white box. Dr. Yuv stood up and studied it, with a hand on his chin.

"You should make it up to her. Doctor. Am I right, Mira?"

Mira shook her head. "No, it's quite alright. He doesn't need to do anything for me."

"We're having lunch at Dr. Yuv's place tomorrow. We have this tradition where once a week, we have lunch at a staff member's place. You could join us. His mother makes the best desert. They're worth losing a tooth for."

Looking over his shoulder, Yuv smiled well naturedly. "You should definitely join us. It's great fun."

"I don't know." Mira shifted uncomfortably in the chair. She usually ate lunch with Atul. He loved the taste of her cooking, especially her white sauce pasta. "I don't want to intrude." The lie easily slipped through her lips.

Yuv watched her closely. There was shift in her expression. From being completely merry and carefree, she looked slightly tensed as a creases separated her eyebrows.

"Can I have your number?"

Catherine snickered. "You need to be more subtle in your flirting ways."