✿ Day 9 (1)

N O T E

one of those rare days I'm writing the adding note before the chapter the reason being that I want you to keep an open mind and heart. I'm fairly positive that most of you won't like this chapter but this chapter is true to the characters. In ways, it's a wish fulfillment for Mira. Day 9 (both parts) top my list for my favorite chapter with a #1. It may not be deserving but it's a piece of me, a wistful part of me that still dares to dreams.

I hope you enjoy it.

" No oxygen, can barely breathe
My darkest sin, you've raised release
And it's all because of you, all because of you
I don't know what it is, but you've pulled me in
No one compares, could ever begin
To love me like you do"  - Selena Gomez, Nobody 

✿ Day 9 (1)

Atul should have been rejoicing about his new post. From being the project manager for Silicon Heights, he was now the new managing director of Wellington. Yet his eyes didn't hold happiness, no, as they watched the distant New York skyline glimmering in the night, they were sad. He stood in his room. It was dark. He hadn't bothered turning on the lights.

He wore a light pink shirt, it was almost the color of a deep-sea corals.

Coral pink is Mira's favorite color. For the first time in the entire day, a small smile formed on his lips as he tugged the cuffs of his shirt, examining them carefully. She would love this shirt.

And yet again, his mind lingered back to Mira. Why?

Eliana was everything every guy wanted in a girl- she was beautiful, smart, kind, and carried herself with such grace and dignity. He felt proud to show her off. He liked watching his cousins burn up with envy seeing his amazing fiancé.

But his happiness didn't seem to rest with her. He ran his hand through his hair, restless as ever. The clock was ticking closer and closer to hour of the party. But Atul couldn't have cared less.

Mira wasn't the type of girl you turn around twice to look at. No, she the type of girl that always ended disappearing in the crowd. She didn't stand out. She was average- average looks, decent mannerism, and somewhat intelligent. She wasn't the kindest person in the office. She helped whenever she was asked to.

On the other hand, Eliana was always providing a helping hand. She didn't think twice before trying to alleviate someone's pain.

But Mira was the one for whom his heart beat.

She was his friend. The best one he had in years. She understood him, she knew how to make him laugh, and she knew how he was feeling by just one look at his face. She was radiant, joyful, and a ray of positive energy.

She may not be the most beautiful, intelligent woman but she was the one who consumed his mind. In the crowds where she disappeared among other dazzling diamonds, Atul's eyes always found her. When her simplicity and extrovert nature was mistaken for her weakness, Atul knew that it was her strength.

When he had lost his younger brother to cancer, Eliana had tried to lessen the pain by trying to making him happy. She would message me him frequently, send sweet gifts, cook nice meals, kiss him regularly, and tell him how much she loved him.

But it was in Mira's company, he truly felt at peace. She never said anything. Just sat by him as they watched the distant sun. She knew his pain. She knew that no-matter what she said, it wouldn't lessen the hurt.