✿Day 10 (2)

Day 10 (2)

Mira got out of bed, the white comforter falling to her feet. The conversation with Zainab had left her in daze. She slipped on her slippers and fisted the shirt she wore. The shirt? She looked at the fabric, the smooth coral pink. Her favorite color and Atul's shirt. She blinked, once, twice.

He had given her shirt. Did that mean he had left her place shirtless? Or was he still here?

She rushed out of her room. Long strands of curly hair trailing behind her. Her heart beating a mile a minute. Her hands clammy. In the living room, she found him. Sleeping. On the leather coach. His left arm dangling off the sofa's edge. Long lashes shut, a two day old stubble was growing on his jaw.

Slowly, she made her way to his sleeping figure.

Mira fell to her knees with a soft thud. A dull-ache in her chest. She reached forward, her fingers trying to grasp her feelings. She ran them over his closed eyes, barely skimming above his skin- a feathery light touch. She tried memorizing the slope of his nose, the shape of his eyes, and his lips- the ones that had smiled countless times at her.

Before she could stop herself. Before she could rationalize her actions. Before she could wake up to reality.

She let herself in live her dreams, she let fantasies soar.

Because in her dreams in was only her and Atul and no-one else in this world. She pressed her lips to his. His warm breath fanned her cheeks. His scent was strong, comforting. The smell of coffee tinged with aftershave and his smell- it belonged to him and no-one else. The warmth from his skin seeped into her icy cold skin. His lips were soft, motionless, sweet.

"I'm sorry." She whispered letting their lips part. "I'm sorry."

She traced the outline of his face- the smooth contours, brushing the night black strands away from his forehead. "I wish I was like her. I wish I was like her. I wish it was me who made you complete- not her."

She let her hand fall away, coincidentally, it feel to his chest- she feel his heart, pounding against his rib-cage. "I wish you would look at me like that. The way you look at her. I wish- I wish-I wish-"She chocked on a sob. "But the sad truth is, Atul- guys like you don't like girls like me. "

A shuddering breath left her lips. "Yuv said you liked me. He didn't realize that the only reason you want me now is because of him. Isn't that why you're here? It took one phone call and you came here running."

She smiled. "Strange, isn't it? I don't want you anymore. It hurts to think you that we could have been something, something wonderful but I don't want you. No, I don't want someone who was quick to judge me for physical appearance. You're a good friend, Atul but you're vain and I don't want a man who can't look beneath the surface."

A phone was ringing somewhere. Somewhere far from this world, her world. She lifted herself off the ground with heels of her palm. It was ringing outside her door. Blaring. Loud. Why was no-one picking the phone up?

When the phone didn't stop ringing, she walked towards the door. Opening it, she realized that Atul had left his phone on the doormat. She stared at the screen. It was blinking with Eliana's name. As Mira pressed the decline button, she didn't feel any guilt. She already knew what she had to do.

She went back inside to him.

"Atul, wake up." She shook his shoulders. He shifted slightly but didn't wake up.

"Atul. Eliana's waiting for you." The words barely left her lips and he jolted upwards.

His eyes were wide. He looked as though he had seen a ghost. "Oh shoot! The party!"