Volume 4 The Truth about 'Her'

Ruby: Y/N! Are you okay?

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've... been through worse. He just grazed me. That's all."

Y/N shows that his wound was around his shirt though his coat was untouched. Nora and Ren run to Y/N, Ruby and Qrow.

Nora: Who was that guy?

Ren: How did you both get here?

Jaune: Why are people after Ruby, and who are you?

Jaune points at Y/N.

Ruby looks up at Qrow.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow? What's going on?

Y/N looks up at Qrow, who sighs.

Qrow: What's your favorite fairytale?

"I don't know, maybe King Arthur and The Knights of the Round table?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night

Y/N had some bandages around his wound as the group sat around the campfire. Ruby and Y/N stat together, as Nora and Ren did the same with each other. While Jaune and Qrow had different seats.

Qrow: Really, no questions.

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

"Couldn't said it better myself."

Qrow: Sure... Of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need dust to use magic, like the Persona users...

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of then?

Qrow: Yep. Always.

Ren: Which means that whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone, a female, that they care about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option? It's someone we can trust.

"Yet Cinder is the exact opposite of that."

Qrow: Yes... Regardless, their souls become... combined... in a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha, and Kotone. The night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden--

"Was attacked, Amber, right? Let me guess, she was young, inexperienced, and now her attacker, Cinder, some how managed to steel some of her power. But not all of it till Beacon's fall."

Qrow: Yes... We were afraid if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force anything, and Pyrrha didn't volunteer, it was Kotone Shiomi. We explained the situation and gave them a choice. Kotone took that opportunity. You were there. You remember Kotone taking that burden.