Volume 5 The Reunion Dinner and Discussion

Y/N wakes up as Ruby was right by his side, he smiles and moves her hair back, she had really let it grow. He then looks at the Red Rose Sword. Remembering what the journey was like to get it. Even though he lost to Summer, he was happy he got the weapon. He gets up and kisses Ruby on the forehead before grabbing the sword.

As Y/N headed inside the training room, he saw Oscar training himself. Y/N smiles as Oscar had noticed him.

Oscar: Oh Y/N, sorry didn't see you there. You want the room?

"Actually..."

Y/N goes to grab a sword and tosses it to Oscar who catches it.

"I could use a duel partner, what do you say?"

Oscar: Are you kidding me! You'll destroy me!

"Ozpin will help you, plus I'm not going all out, just need to see what this can do."

Oscar takes a moment before nodding. Y/N gets into a stance, as Oscar charges at him and swings the sword. But as Y/N blocks it, Oscar's sword breaks.

"Well... That's new, I guess either Mistral needs to work on their craftsmanship or this sword is so strong, it can break any other weapon?"

Ozpin takes over.

Ozpin: Or perhaps, that sword was a little dull. Come outside.

Y/N nods and follows him. As they exit the house, Ozpin points at a stand with armor.

Ozpin: The sword's power will take time to get used to, it's flames are hotter then any weapon that uses amounts of fire dust. The user of the sword needs a strong focus, it will try to distract you with its voices, ones the sword has killed. If you put Hate and anger with the sword's swings, your attacks will be unbalanced and predictable with your foes over time. But if used with will power and love, the sword will be at its peak. When wielding the sword, you must be fighting for someone, not to kill someone.

"Is there a in-between?"

Ozpin: Yes... But we will cover that, another time, now focus, ignore the voices and think of the people you care about, then swing.

Y/N then puts his mind with the sword, he thinks of Ruby as the sword starts surrounding itself with a light flame. But then he starts hearing the horrors of what Ozpin was talking about. It was so much worse then he originally thought. The sword's flame then starts getting violent and Dark.

Ozpin: Y/N... focus. You won't win a battle like that. Remember, fight for the people you care for. Or the cause we're all fighting for, if that will help you.

Y/N then puts his thoughts hard into the people he cares for. Not just Ruby alone. The flame goes back to being its regular form to a bright and beautiful flame. Then he opens his eyes as his eyes were gold. Ozpin's eyes widen at this.

Ozpin: Golden... eyes?

Y/N swings the sword as a giant flame beam cuts through the armor and through a few trees. His eyes go back to normal.

 His eyes go back to normal