Chapter 27.

Hi readers! I hope I can keep updating regularly. Thank you for your support & enjoy!

STEF'S POV:

"Come on, Amelia. Just one more lap you can do it." Brynn encouraged. Brynn was Ami's physical therapist. We were in the exercise room and Amelia was doing the stair machine to strengthen her hip. Dr. Grey found a hairline fracture on the left side of Amelia's hip. She was utterly devastated, knowing she won't be able to even try dancing for another 6-8 weeks. Lena and I have been at the hospital for the past couple days, learning the at home exercises that Ami needs to do in order to gain strength and heal from it.

"You got this, my love. Just one more. I'm right here." I was on the side of the stair machine, wiping the sweat beading down my daughter's brow. This was knocking the wind out of her. She was starting to lose her steady breathing and I could tell this was really beating her down.

"I-I just can't," Amelia panted and her voice breaking, "Please can I get down?" Her hands started to shake on the handles.

"You're almost done, twenty more seconds." Brynn replied. I am usually the tough parent, always pushing my kids and not having much patience. That's probably why they go to Lena most of the time, but seeing Ami losing steam and Brynn pushing her to finish made me want to stop the machine all together and take Ami off the damn machine.

In the last ten seconds, Ami lost balance on the stairs and her knees gave out completely, almost falling face first on the machine. Thank god Brynn and I were on either side of her. We grabbed each of her arms before she fell.

"Baby! We got you, we got you my love. You're okay, you're okay." I comforted my daughter as we eased her back into the wheel chair behind the stair machine.

Amelia was quiet for a minute. She was staring into the distance, breathing heavily. I could not for the life of me figure out what was going on in that beautiful mind of hers. Brynn broke the silence of both of us staring at Ami.

"You did awesome, Amelia. It's going to get easier, I promise. We'll pick back up when you go home tomorrow." Brynn gave Amelia a gentle pat on her shoulder. I thanked her and she made her way out of the exercise room.

"Sweets talk to me. What are you thinking about?" I struggled to meet Amelia's eyes. In a matter of seconds, Amelia erupted into an uncontrollable sob. There was no stopping the tears, the wail and shaking that was happening.

"Amelia baby look at me, look at mommy! You're okay. I am here, it's okay. Mom's here." I grabbed her and lifted her out of the wheelchair and sat on the couch nearby. I put her on my lap and hugged her tightly, so she would not get loose of my grip.

She struggled and thrashed between cries, telling me to let go and go away.

"I am not leaving you. I am NEVER leaving you. Cry it out, scream at me. You can say whatever you need to, love. I'm not going anywhere." I cooed into her ear, rubbing her back and rocking her back and forth.

After a few minutes, her shaking subsided and her breathing was not as rapid.

"That's it, my love. Nice and slow, great job baby, great job." I said. I took deep breaths in hopes of her mimicking mine. She caught on after a few and we did a couple together.

"I'm so proud of you, love. So so proud. You're okay and you're safe." I said as I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead. Lena and I had anticipated a breakdown was going to happen sooner or later. After the diagnosis of the hairline fracture, Ami has been in the hospital a week longer than anticipated. She is finally going home tomorrow, but will need to be on bed rest for the next week, and can only use a walker to get around. She has been extremely quiet since then, shut down and won't let us in, no matter how hard we try. The kids couldn't even get through to her.