Chapter 26.

hi guys! so, it has been a LONG time since I have updated. life has been really crazy. My time is limited but I missed this story and I missed writing so I wanted to get back into it! I hope I can update more often but I'm not making any promises! so, enjoy :)

AMELIA'S POV:

Today was the day that my siblings were coming to visit me in the hospital. I was a little nervous because I surely didn't look like myself. I had lost weight, no make-up on my face, I haven't taken an actual shower in God knows how long because I'm too weak to stand up in the shower so the nurses and Moms have to give me sponge baths. I finally am able to wear actual pajamas instead of the stupid hospital gown, so I tried to look my best for my brothers and sister.

"Okay, love. We're in the room so we'll see you in a little bit... I love you too honey." Stef hung up the phone with Lena, looked at me, and smiled, "How excited are you to see your siblings today huh bug?" She sat down at the edge of my bed, cupped my face, and squeezed it gently which caused me to laugh.

"I guess so" I take a deep breath and stare down at my hospital blanket. "I'm kind of nervous." I said as I shrug my shoulders.

She looked at me with confused and concerned eyes, "My love, why?"

"Well because they haven't seen me in months, I looked really different back then. Now I just look..ugly." Stef's eyes widen as soon as she hears this.

"Amelia. You are the most beautiful brunette with green eyes that I have ever laid my eyes on. I swear my love you could stop time with how beautiful you are. Your siblings will see the same Ami that they saw months ago, I can promise you that. Never ever think anything less of yourself than beautiful, got that pretty thing?" She winked and smirked at me.

"Okay, okay. Thank you, mom." I smiled wholeheartedly. Stef opened her arms for a hug which I reciprocated. I took a deep breath as Stef rose from my bed, "I think you should try to nap for a bit before they all come to visit you, honey."

"Okay." I agreed. I lowered my bed to a horizontal position and attempted to ease my mind and get some sleep.

STEF'S POV:

I watch my daughter fall asleep as I sat in the chair in the corner of her hospital room. I could not keep my eyes off of her, my beautiful daughter. She has been through more in her life than any other person I know, and she is so unbelievably strong. Ever since we got her back, the love I have for her grows and grows. The thought of asking her if Lena and I to adopt her has not left my mind ever since I rescued her from Patrick and her birth parents. I want her to be officially ours already, but she has been through hell and back. She needs to be at her best when we ask her.

As my head is clouded with these thoughts, I received a text from Lena.

"Hey babe, when is a good time to bring the kids? How's Ame doing?"

I typed out a response and hit send,

"She's resting for now, but Dr. Grey is taking her up for a CT scan in 30 minutes, checking her for any complications from the surgery. Maybe bring them in an hour?"

"Perfect, I'll see you then." Lena replied.

As I put my phone back in my pocket, it buzzed again. It was a text from Laura.

"Hey Stef, just wanted to check in on Amelia and give you an update on the case, do you want to give me a call?"

My heart sank deep into my stomach. Every bad case scenario swarmed my head. I took a deep breath and rose from my seat to step out in the hall so that I don't wake my peaceful daughter sleeping. I was scared to death to hear about what Laura had to say, but I have to be strong for Ami. I dialed Laura's number and kept my composure until she answered.