Chapter 22.

hi guys! enjoy chapter 22 :) im going away for the weekend so i wont be able to start another chapter until the weekends over.. :( but comment what you think might happen next? and don't forget to vote! love you all :)

AMELIA'S POV:
"You said the apartment building is on the right, love?" Lena asked me as we were on our way to Veronica's. My stomach was in knots for I did not want to go. I wanted to stay home more than anything but I knew if I did, then she would make my life and their life a living hell. God knows what she would do. I knew I needed to figure this out on my own, I've been on my own for eight years anyway. This was nothing.
"Yeah.. On the right." I replied. Stef pulled into the building complex parking lot and I texted Veronica letting her know I was here.
"T-thank you for the ride. I'll see you on Sunday?" I asked, grabbing my overnight bag and my hand on the handle of the car door.
"Sweets, um, Stef and I want to make sure you're okay—with staying the weekend."
I replied fast and to the point, "I'm fine. Promise. See you guys Sunday." Before they could respond, I made my way out of the car and ran up to the front door of her apartment. Veronica opened and grinned from ear to ear.
"Hi honey." She embraced me with a hug and I had forced myself to reciprocate.
We went inside and I sat down on the worn out couch.
"Do, do you want something to drink?" She attempted to break the tension. Just as she asked, we both looked to the man who came out of the bathroom. He stared at me with a cold expression.
"Dad?"
He looked over to Veronica in rage, "What the fuck is she doing here? I told you next weekend not this weekend!"
"Wh-What do you mean — next weekend, and, and not this weekend?" I asked, getting anxious and confused.
"I guess we'll go now. I'm sorry!"  Veronica replied. They both grabbed suitcases that were stored away behind the couch I was no longer sitting on, I was standing now and walking around. Confused and scared.
"What the hell is going on?" I asked, looking to my birth parents.
"We're just going on a little trip, baby." My dad came over and kissed my forehead. I was no longer confused. I knew that they were attempting to kidnap me.

After ten minutes of panicking and stressing, both of them grabbed my arm as we made our way to the parked van with someone in the driver's seat. Veronica and Daniel threw me into the backseat and once I finally caught my breath, I stared into the rear view mirror to find those green eyes. Green eyes that would stare into my soul when he was beating me and raping me.
"Hi, Ami girl. Long time no see." He smirked for he saw me staring into the mirror.
"No! No! Please! M-mom! Dad! You-You have to let me go. I-I ca-can't breat-breathe." I hyperventilated and stared into the eyes of my parents as they remained without emotion.
"Relax. You're fine. Patrick is a friend of ours. Right?" Veronica replied as she tried to calm me down.
"Oh we're all best friends." He replied to my mother's statement.
"Amelia this was a part of our plan to get you home, baby!" My dad said as he put his arm around me, forcing me closer to him. I violently ripped his arm off from me and screamed.
"PATRICK RAPED ME! HE-HE BEAT ME! H-HOW WAS THIS A PLAN?!"
"Amelia stop being so dramatic." Veronica rolled her eyes. I should have known they were not going to believe me. Nobody ever believed me, except for the people I was missing the most.
"Patrick offered to take you in as a foster child. Everything was going according to the plan up until this "attack" you accused him of." Veronica used air quotes between the word attack.
"Please. I do-don't understand. Why, where are you taking me?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.
"As far away from those dykes you were living with." Veronica scoffed.
Just then, Patrick started to put the gear in reverse and back out of the parking lot.
"Wait wait wait! I-I have an idea. If-if you guys take me right now, the-they're going to come looking for me. St-Stef. She's a cop. You guys will all go to-to jail. Let me stay the weekend and then go back to them. I-i'll tell them that I want to live with you guys." I looked to Veronica and Daniel who were suspicious. I took a deep sigh and continued.
"Th-they'll believe me. An-And all of my stuff is at the house. And Veronica y-you said th-that you wanted me to tell them that I wanted to live with you guys.. Please?" I pleaded.
Veronica and Daniel groaned, "Alright. Fine. You need your clothes and things anyway."
Patrick groaned as well and he put the car in park and we got out of the car and back into the apartment.